Contribute
Register

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC - cannot change resolution - OSX 10.13.6 [going to try Sierra instead]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! Just got done installing High Sierra 10.13.6

Followed all the instructions so far except I allowed the OS Install to copy my network and computer settings, and my applications from my previous Mavericks boot disk.

MultiBeast is complete.

Now I cannot change the display resolution of the monitor to continue settings things up.

No NVIDIA driver seems present... I downloaded WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.157.pkg and xcode44auxtools6938114a but the Flat Package Editor is having a problem; won't launch in this OS apparently? I tried a few times and after saying it would report the issue to Apple automatically it just stopped "trying" to launch. You try to open the FPE application and it just blinks and does nothing ... Honestly I don't even know if editing the driver is the correct path to go down.

The profile is still showing as an iMac 27-inch, Late 2013 ... do I need to change it to MacPro3,1?

Symptom: Only resolution option is 1024x768 on a 27 inch monitor.

Last edited:
Hi! Just got done installing High Sierra 10.13.6

Followed all the instructions so far except I allowed the OS Install to copy my network and computer settings, and my applications from my previous Mavericks boot disk.

MultiBeast is complete.

Now I cannot change the display resolution of the monitor to continue settings things up.

No NVIDIA driver seems present... I downloaded WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.157.pkg and xcode44auxtools6938114a but the Flat Package Editor is having a problem; won't launch in this OS apparently? I tried a few times and after saying it would report the issue to Apple automatically it just stopped "trying" to launch. You try to open the FPE application and it just blinks and does nothing ... Honestly I don't even know if editing the driver is the correct path to go down.

The profile is still showing as an iMac 27-inch, Late 2013 ... do I need to change it to MacPro3,1?

Symptom: Only resolution option is 1024x768 on a 27 inch monitor.

To disable SIP in High Sierra you need to use 0x03FF instead of 0x67 or 0x30 in RT variables. I think you need to install web drivers with CSM disabled in bios the after loading drivers then enable it at reboot.

Thank you, I think I follow the idea but I'm having trouble doing that ... I cannot find an EFI partition to mount. I'm using Clover Configurator and it looks like my boot High Sierra is currently disk6s1 according to Disk Utility. But the Mount EFI Tool in Clover Configurator doesn't show any partitions on that disk (and certainly no EFI partition to mount).

Maybe I will need to reboot and look around some more to learn about EFI partitions....

Repaired the High Sierra Boot disk, ran Multi-Beast to set the profile to iMac14,2
This allowed me to boot the EFI partition and find the config.plist in EFI/CLOVER

Then I changed the LAST number in Rt Variables to 0x03FF for that config.plist and saved.

The Web Drivers still will not install ("Mac OS X version is not compatible" message from installer).
The Flat Package Editor still "cannot be opened because of a problem" ... it's the one from late 2012 as suggested in another thread.

I rebooted and now the EFI partition is not mounted again...

Needless to say, the Web Drivers still will not install ("Mac OS X version is not compatible" message from installer). The Flat Package Editor still "cannot be opened because of a problem".

Why does my EFI partition keep disappearing?

(I'm also having to do 1-2 reboots at Clover which makes me wonder about the "bootable-ness" of my install.)

I think I took a log of my Clover but will need to find it and should probably take another one. There's probably something misconfigured, somewhere.

Thank you, this has been so confusing.

Since the latest version of Clover Configurator couldn't mount it, I was able to mount my EFI partition using the instructions on this page: https://www.modmy.com/how-mount-your-efi-partition-macos

I actually started over this morning because I was concerned that migrating previous settings was going to get me off on the wrong foot. The only thing I "couldn't" do this time was reformat the target drive to [...]Journaled b/c it was already APFS. I hoped this wouldn't ruin the CLEAN install.

So I did find a thread that showed me how to install the NVIDIA Web Driver; the control panel preferences are in my top menu bar and I ran the script you linked:

bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh)
Downloading driver blacklist...
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 140 100 140 0 0 858 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 858
Downloading driver list...
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 61927 100 61927 0 0 127k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 127k
The latest driver revision is 387.10.10.10.40.105

387.10.10.10.40.105 is already installed.

So I guess I got something right, lol.

Next I'm going through the rest.

Looks like NvidiaGraphicsFixup is now part of WhateverGreen, please use it instead.

I think this can be found in Multi-Beast: Drivers > Misc > Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen

So that ^^^ has been installed.

Next was Lilu, I downloaded the 1.2.1.RELEASE.zip ... will need to see if I need this and the Shiki kexts. It's been a few years since I had to install a kext (before Clover).
I think I will restart now and see if I need the Lilu and Shiki kexts.

Fingers crossed!

Thank you I have downloaded Lilu 1.2.6 and next searching around for how to get a kext onto the system! (Rebooting after MultiBeast WhateverGreen I am seeing the same symptom.) I assume it's something in Clover...

Haha! Found KextBeast on this site, and installed into /Library/Extensions ... rebooting... feels like I'm almost there!

Haha! Found KextBeast on this site, and installed into /Library/Extensions ... rebooting... feels like I'm almost there!
Nope, not fixed yet ... searching through the 56 page thread you posted, BreBo ... might reboot a couple more times just to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back