Contribute
Register

EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD - ID: 0x108610 - Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
theryman said:
I Got a bit of a problem, i have a gtx 570 HD (id 1086) i keep getting kernel panics, or just system crashes(the screen goes black then it restarts).

I have full resolution and openGL works. I have the device id and the GraphicsEnabler=Yes, along with a modified AGMP.kext.

Now, if i don't run any games my system is 100% stable, but when i run a game, about 10 mins in my system crashes.

Anone got an idea, know a fix.

Any help is appreciated.

how is performance if you do everything the same except for the AGMP mod?

i only got a panic when i attempted that fix.

EDIT: added the 570HD device ID, but the HD nature is not getting recognized.

pulling 45fps on cinebench. seems like that is pretty good, no?

Getting 72fps with this same card on cine using revoboot, prior to switching to this fantastic bootloader i was getting 50fps with chimera.

CPU: i5-2500k @ 4.8ghz

Something i noticed with this card compared to my old hd4870, the OS X UI animations are lagging a bit, watching movies .mp4 HD on quicktime, etc, not as smooth as my older card even though cinebench is 3.5x faster and geekbench goes to about 16k. Might be that QE is not fully enabled or something.

//Edit: Back to chimera bootloader, turned out that the quicktime lags, UI lags and so on were caused somehow when using revoboot, even though it gave me a better cpu/gpu score something isnt right so i got back to chimera and it's all good now, no UI lag at all, cinebench running at 55fps.

Here is my Info.plist attached for the AGPM (needs an Imac12,2 smbios) in case anyone wants to try, modified to work with EVGA GTX570 SC HD version but you can easily change the Device id to work with any fermi card..

Code:
			<key>iMac12,2</key>
			<dict>
		<key>Vendor10deDevice1086</key>
				<dict>
					<key>BoostPState</key>
					<array>
						<integer>0</integer>
						<integer>1</integer>
						<integer>2</integer>
						<integer>3</integer>
					</array>
					<key>BoostTime</key>
					<array>
						<integer>3</integer>
						<integer>3</integer>
						<integer>3</integer>
						<integer>3</integer>
					</array>
					<key>Heuristic</key>
					<dict>
						<key>ID</key>
						<integer>0</integer>
						<key>IdleInterval</key>
						<integer>250</integer>
						<key>SensorOption</key>
						<integer>1</integer>
						<key>SensorSampleRate</key>
						<integer>4</integer>
						<key>TargetCount</key>
						<integer>5</integer>
						<key>Threshold_High</key>
						<array>
							<integer>87</integer>
							<integer>87</integer>
							<integer>87</integer>
							<integer>100</integer>
						</array>
						<key>Threshold_Low</key>
						<array>
							<integer>0</integer>
							<integer>87</integer>
							<integer>87</integer>
							<integer>87</integer>
						</array>
					</dict>
					<key>LogControl</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
					<key>control-id</key>
					<integer>18</integer>
				</dict>
				<key>default-control-id</key>
				<integer>18</integer>
			</dict>

Adding the BoostPState and BoostTime arrays fixes the error below where an application like Google Chrome tries to force a GPU p-state in order to display something that would require more GPU power (usually happens when there are flash objects on a page) or in quicktime when opening a movie and so on. Basically i just copied those values from the gtx 260 the macpro 5,1 was using.

Google Chrome: AVF error: AVAHDGPURendererVP2VP3BoostVP3: AGPMSetBoost code = 0 returned 0xe00002c2 (ig)

UPDATE: Removed the AGPM.kext attached to this post as they are not perfect. Seems to have issues with waking up from sleep with the channel exception SW notify error line spamming the console.app

Lerxst said:
Badahboom!!!

Screen Shot 2011-09-07 at 7.59.37 AM.jpg

Changed the following:

1. Installed the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext. for ID 1086 cards
AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.1086.zip

2. Changing my system ID to iMac 12,2 via Multibeast

3. Created a new Hex string for my card via OSX86Tools (added that string to my org.chameleon.Boot.plist in my extras folder and to the com.apple.Boot in my Library>Preferences>SystemConfiguration>com.apple.Boot
http://osx86tools.googlecode.com/files/OSX86Tools_1.0.150.zip

I'll be writing this whole process up as a guide and posting it on the front page in my initial post.

You you explain #3 ? What new hex? I was getting Novabench score around 50, now I'm getting 1100, and I'm on system definition MacPro 3,1. Should I try on iMac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back