Contribute
Register

EVGA GeForce 7300GT - My config + Any luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX 10.6.8
CPU
i5 750
Graphics
Geforce 8200
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok, so you can see in my stats I have an H55M-UD2H (regrettably!). My card is a PCIe GeForce 7300 GT video card by EVGA. I've tried OSXtools EFI String in my boot.plist and removed NVEnabler.

When I boot in safe mode with my graphic card's EFI-String in device properties in the boot.plist, my system ACTUALLY recognizes my card as a 7300 GT but unfortunately when I load OSX normally (without an EFI-string in the plist), I get a blue screen.

There must be a kext that loads in safe mode, that coincides with my device-properties string for my graphics card that enables greater resolutions.

Any help or ideas?

Thanks all!

Re: EVGA GeForce 7300GT - My config + Any lucky?

Apple removed support for NVIDIA 7xxx cards in 10.6.2.

You might be able to reuse the older drivers.

When you say older drivers are you referring to kexts or actual MAC drivers? I am thinking of purchasing a new video card, do you have any suggestions MacMan? Thank you for all your work in the OSX world.

Ahh, I read Tony said that NVEnabler is much better than the injectors. So I am going to work on an injector as per an old InsanelyMac forum post on doing that, and hopefully that will work. What we will do for a Mac (besides pay money).

coolshaps said:
When you say older drivers are you referring to kexts or actual MAC drivers? I am thinking of purchasing a new video card, do you have any suggestions MacMan?
I'm referring to the older kexts from 10.6.0 as the drivers (which they are).

As for a new card, stick with NVIDIA 9xxx or 2xx as they are the easiest to get working. ATI 4xxxx cards either works with a little work, it's a major undertaking or never works fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back