CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently had a bit of computer emergency, and I had to replace my business mobo with my hackintosh (they were the same - Tyan S7025). I was going to replace it with the same, but i came across the EVGA Classified SR-2, and was very interested, but I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience with it. My Tyan build was for audio purposes, and worked smoothly - no issues at all, so I'm in the "why mess with a good thing" - but the SR-2 has 2 more PCIe slots, as well as SATA III and USB 3. I have 2 Intel x5860s, 48 GB DD3 Ram, and ATI 5870.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

[video=youtube;DzsH5z1PqRU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzsH5z1PqRU[/video]

There's proof!

I recently had a bit of computer emergency, and I had to replace my business mobo with my hackintosh (they were the same - Tyan S7025). I was going to replace it with the same, but i came across the EVGA Classified SR-2, and was very interested, but I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience with it. My Tyan build was for audio purposes, and worked smoothly - no issues at all, so I'm in the "why mess with a good thing" - but the SR-2 has 2 more PCIe slots, as well as SATA III and USB 3. I have 2 Intel x5860s, 48 GB DD3 Ram, and ATI 5870.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Just look around the forum, I know there's atleast 2 builds here with those specs.

tonymacx86 Forum • View topic - The Ultimate EVGA SR-2 Hackintosh... THE HACKINBEAST !!!!!!!
tonymacx86 Forum • View topic - Deep Thought: Water Cooled EVGA SR-2 Dual Xeon 5690 GTX 580

Looks like a lot of work to get it running but if you're into hackintoshing should be fun!

Thanks for the info - it was greatly appreciated.

For some reason, OSX does not like having the memory in the last slot on the secondary CPU. No problems with the primary CPU side, just the secondary. I wonder if there are different settings in the BIOS that is causing this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back