Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Flipped through some forum posts - one from 2013 entailed that there wasn't an audio codec for HDMI audio over the 8400 GS. I figured I'd bump the subject seeing as I couldn't find a solution and the posts were mostly dated before El Capitan.
Yes, I know its an old/crap/junk/entry level/WhyYouEven,Bro? card - when I have the means, I'm upgrading. The box I'm on is old (inspiron 530, 2007) so I'm carrying most it's upgrades over to a new build when ready.

I'd just figured I'd post to see if anybody's gotten it to work with a workaround or something I'm not seeing..

It's not a deal breaker at all. Everything is perfect on El Capitan besides a couple USB ports and Audio.

(Inspiron 530)
Mobo: DG33M03. (Dell - Foxconn rebrand) (Using onboard everything, except video)
CPU: LGA 775 - Q6600 - Quad core.
Mem: 8gb PNY/800mhz.
Video: Of course, 8400gs.

I know, specs are laughable at this day and age. OS X really breathed new life into it though.

Don't know if that'll help much -- I just know part of the rules in one of these forums are to throw specs out.

Appreciate any help or any ideas at all. I've tried all the VooDooHDA's in Multibeast to no avail as well. Using Clover boot loader if that makes any difference at all.

I've got the voodoo 2.8.8 drivers installed. Deleted AppleHDA.kext from s/l/e ; although voodooHDA.kext was installed in l/e. That shouldn't make any difference, should it ? ..

Still can't seem to get HDMI to work. There's 4 options for it under Voodoo config and none work, I even had a youtube vid going n the background as I selected each one in case there just weren't any volume options for it.

I've tried the SSDT trick for the "easy HDMI" but to no avail, and am guessing that requires AppleHDA to be in use..

Do I need to point my config.plist to any hardware ID's or anything in particular while using VoodooHDA? Sound works through the motherboard perfectly so again it's no deal breaker if I can't get this to go. You saying it only worked through Voodoo make me determined lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back