Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ATI Radeon 7950 w/ 10.10 Yosemite Display Ports

Hello,

I'm trying to hook up a 3rd LCD to my hackintosh. I have a ATI Radeon 7950 but the DVI and HDMI ports are already in use by my other 2 screens. The Mini Display ports don't appear to work at all when I tried them. I'm curious if anyone has a 7950 running with their setup with the mini-display ports working.
Thank you for your assistance.
Thank You.
:beachball:

hi tortib,

I'm having a similar issue.
My main monitor is on DVI and works fine. when i plug in a secondary monitor via display port it also works fine. it is when i plug in a third display, the first one turns black. and when i go into display settings the whole thing just :beachball:..

also for some reason when i've got all four monitors plugged in, my bios spash screen won't show anymore :(

hi tortib,

I'm having a similar issue.
My main monitor is on DVI and works fine. when i plug in a secondary monitor via display port it also works fine. it is when i plug in a third display, the first one turns black. and when i go into display settings the whole thing just :beachball:..

also for some reason when i've got all four monitors plugged in, my bios spash screen won't show anymore :(

I'm having the same issue that you are it appears, the BIOS screen doesn't show up for me on the 3rd monitor. Only the first 2 I have plugged in via HDMI & DVI. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may cause this?

I have read that on another forum that you need an "Active" Mini Display port to DVI adapter. They're about $30 on amazon if you look. This is required when running 2 or more LCDs using the Display Ports. I have purchased one and should be receiving it today.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0098HVZA0/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item

The reviews are pretty much covering the problem that we're experiencing so I think this should fix it.
I will report back to let you know if it's working or not.

Well the active mini display port to DVI connector came in and it does work to a degree. However when I plug it in the LCD I plug in works however one of my other LCDs that is connected with DVI turns off. It appears that the video card is only set to use two video ports and needs to be configured to use 4. I think there is a way to do this with Clover but i'm not sure about chameleon.

If anyone has any information about this I would greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back