Graphics
GeForce GTX 550Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
When I turn on my Computer and when I get to the apple load screen and just when the desktop loads my display go's to sleep or like their is no GPU. I would really would like to know why this is happening and how I can fix it with out going out and buying a new GPU.

I got mine working by reinstalling using UserDSDT in Multibeast instead of Easybeast, but there are other problems - see threads on this board. It's being worked on and should be fixed with a new Chimera or Multibeast or may 10.8.1, but for now you're probably best just running on CPU graphics.

EDIT: Having said that, I'm not sure you have HD3000, which means you'll have to try to get the 550 working. I used this to get mine running on Ivy Bridge: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...861-success-ga-z77-d3h-i5-3750k-ga-550ti.html

I dont have the evga version of this card, but i was having the same problem with my nvidia branded one today. i used internal graphics for post install (as install showed fine using the card... it is "native" after all). But even using internal and then easybeast (or userdsdt as may apply for you) the card would still not boot. Had to reinstall my HD5770 and boot and restart a few times and then reinstalling my GTX 550Ti worked... Hope this helps some...

*Update* Try the flag PCIRootUID=0 on both install and post-install... Tested and worked... after Multibeast corrected the need for such flags... Wish I had found this gem earlier... Hope it helps you...

Thanks for the replys I have already installed ML 3 times and I take it that's all I can do since it shows the Ghostbuters logo - the ghost. Ill work on using the on-borde GPU when I get home. thanks for the help.

:)

OK guys this is just weird, I went into my bios and turned on the onboard GCU and the computer restarted as I look down at something then I look up and my display is working this is crazy!

I cant get anything now! I took out the 550ti and now running on the on borad GPU and all it does is flickers I cant get into my bios or anything this Sucks. it looks like I have to go out and buy a new GPU :(

Did you try a CMOS reset on the motherboard? If you can't even get to BIOS, that's what I would try.

Did you try a CMOS reset on the motherboard? If you can't even get to BIOS, that's what I would try.

Ok I reset Cmos and am now in my bios should I try to boot into ML?

And do you know now many times you can install ML?

(update) On chimera I put in PCIRootUID=0 and got it to work with HDMI port on thee MOBO lets see how how this is going to last. But it is a fix till a update comes out to fix the 550ti problem.

Update: I am running my hack on a monitor with DVI. What I did is at chimera screen I put in PCIRootUID=1 and it WORK! I'm up and running. Just thought I would update you guys on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back