Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Hey Friends - I have had a stable build running Sierra for the last few months that I upgraded to High Sierra last week. I have everything working again (it was pretty straight forward), but am seeing some performance issues.

The main places I see it is in Safari moving between tabs. Closing a tab or moving between them now has a lag. If I mouse over the dock the magnification works, but it isn't smooth like it used to be. I have also found that if I am working with quite a few apps open, I incur a total lockup (no beach ball) for 2-10 seconds, and then everything starts moving again. It seems much worse when anything is running in the background that is consuming more than 10% of the CPU. I used to leave my security camera software (SecuritySpy) running 24x7, but now if it's running everything slows down.

Before I re-do the system as a fresh install, anyone have any advice? I've read a bazillion High Sierra posts here but haven't found anyone with the same sort of issues.

Items not in my tag - NVIDIA Web Drivers + CUDA fix, Crucial & Samsung SSDs converted to APFS, 32GB RAM, disabled onboard audio

I have the same problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back