Graphics
gtx285 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've got 10.6.6 installed with all the latest updates along with iWork, iLife '11 and various other programs. What's the best way to now take this temporary drive I used and replace it with an upgraded version?

I'm currently on a 120g ATA drive and want to update to SATA obviously. I was thinking of backing up this install via TimeMachine and then doing a restore after a successful reinstallation on the new drive. Would that work?

I will add that my mobo does NOT have the AHCI option in my BIOS but the installation on my machine was flawless, simply disregarded that option.

Kadin said:
I've got 10.6.6 installed with all the latest updates along with iWork, iLife '11 and various other programs. What's the best way to now take this temporary drive I used and replace it with an upgraded version?

I'm currently on a 120g ATA drive and want to update to SATA obviously. I was thinking of backing up this install via TimeMachine and then doing a restore after a successful reinstallation on the new drive. Would that work?

I will add that my mobo does NOT have the AHCI option in my BIOS but the installation on my machine was flawless, simply disregarded that option.
Add your second hard drive for upgrade. Format HFS+ same as your existing.
Use CarbonCopyCloner or SuperDuper to clone your hard drive.
Run multibeast and select system utilities and the same chameleon bootloader you used on your existing drive - point it at your new drive and hit continue to install.
Reboot to BIOS, make your new drive first in hard drive boot order, f10 to save and exit, continue boot to OS X.
Wipe or reformat or just leave your IDE drive as a live backup.

The amount of helpfulness on this site is awesome. You guys really have impressed me so far and I've only been here for less than a day. I really appreciate it and besides getting a donation in later today, I hope I can learn a lot and give back some help in the near future.

Thanks again!

Working!

So I'm posting this on the new HDD. Everything copied over fine.. but it won't boot on its own. I selected to repair the permissions and rebuild the cache along with choosing the Chameleon Instant menu. Was there something else in addition to these that I needed to select? If I keep the old drive in, I can then of course boot to that drive, this drive, or my SATA W7 drive. Without the old OSX drive... I just get a line blinking in the upper left corner of my screen...

[FIXED]

So apparently I had to also reinstall the Chameleon Loader itself which I didn't do initially. I'm assuming that was done when I selected the 'Easy' option, so that wasn't also copied over in the clone. Either way, it's working! :headbang:

Hello everybody,
I'm trying to out Snow Leopard on my computer, and having some troubles.
I have the same MoBo as you (Asus PG41....) meaning I can't find the AHCI option on it.
I have installed OS on the flash drive, set everything correctly as in the video on this web site, and I'm getting this message on my monitor "out of range".
I have pull out my graphic card, so all I have connected is my HDD, CDROM and Flash Drive.
Am I missing something here? I feel like I'm one click away, but just don't know which one:)
I also tried iBoot, from the CD, when I select the flash drive it does something and asks me to restart, after restart its the same display message.
Any help would be highly appreciated!
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back