Contribute
Register

Ethernet stopped working suddenly

OK so i swapped from one pcie lane to another and its now working as expected!

OK, that isn't as uncommon as you would think. Some motherboards switch the PCIe lanes from a PCIe slot to an M.2 connector when it is occupied. So the PCIe slot doesn't work or only works at a reduced speed.

This limit on the number of PCIe lanes may be explained in the motherboard manual.

Reactions: dsb
After adding this pci card to pc it doesn't restart and doesn't fully shut down, it seems it turned off but the power button still has a light and have to press it for few secs for it to fully shut down, any tips to solve this? Thanks in advance!

Could be an issue with your USB ports, the system power settings or bios settings.

You should have a look at the systemwide power settings to check that they are ok. Have a read of post #2 in the link below regarding power settings.

I had a similar shutdown issue a few years ago and fixed it by re-flashing the bios, after editing the systemwide power settings. I used the same bios to flash the system, I.e. overwrote the bios to remove any errors.

Errors in your USBPorts.kext can mess with system reboot/shutdown options. Having a port set with the wrong connector type being the normal cause of the shutdown issues.

Back