Graphics
integrated HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi I recently built my first Hackintosh with Mavericks. I followed the deluxe mini build pretty much exactly. I have tried to reinstall many times but I cannot get the ethernet to work. I have tried both intel and Atheros drivers from multibeast. Currently the ethernet ports show up as self-assigned IP. At one point it did show up as green and connected but it wouldn't actually connect to the internet. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this working. I am going to try installing windows 7 too but I mainly want to get Mac working.

Thanks in advance

Ethernet problem with GA-787N-WIFI

I would like to report the same problem. Wifi works but ethernet does not connect in Mavericks and I get the same error message "self assigned ip".

I followed the same setup as others with my motherboard - gigabyte ga-z87x-ud3h.

I also have windows 8.1 installed on a separate SSD, and ethernet connect there just fine so ite doesn't appear to be a faulty network card.

I was recently having the same problem - wifi worked just fine but could not get either LAN port to work on my GA-H87N-WIFI. I found a suggestion in another thread that worked for me (your mileage may vary, but worth a shot, right?)

Go into Sys Prefs >> Network >> [Select the Ethernet port you want to use] >> [Advanced...] >> [Hardware] ...

Choose

Configure: Manually
Speed: Pick the speed for your LAN port (if H87N or Z87N, 1000T)
Duplex: Half Duplex
MTU: Standard (1500)

Save it all up and see what happens. I don't remember even having to reboot but may be worth a shot.

Let me know if it worked/didn't work.

I had to choose 100BaseT (not 1000), and then it worked! Until reboot, where it lost all settings, and started giving me random dhcp. But then again, I'm on GA-Z87N-WIFI... So, good advice, but no go.

I am having the same issue. I have to manually set the speed to 100Base/Half-duplex.
Now the issue is that DHCP won't assign IP from the router. It keep "self-assigning" IP. I configured the DHCP manually, and it shows "Connected", however, I can't online.

tcabin01: Try disconnecting the ethernet cable, then plug it back in and wait for ~30 seconds. In my case it gave me the right IP range and working ethernet doing that.

I was recently having the same problem - wifi worked just fine but could not get either LAN port to work on my GA-H87N-WIFI. I found a suggestion in another thread that worked for me (your mileage may vary, but worth a shot, right?)

Go into Sys Prefs >> Network >> [Select the Ethernet port you want to use] >> [Advanced...] >> [Hardware] ...

Choose

Configure: Manually
Speed: Pick the speed for your LAN port (if H87N or Z87N, 1000T)
Duplex: Half Duplex
MTU: Standard (1500)

I wanted to revive this thread in case anybody else has this problem - I've seen multiple threads unanswered when searching for this solution.

So far this solution worked for me, and it's been working for tonight at least. Let's hope it stays working or else I'll need to buy a wifi dongle or something :crazy:

Thanks FlipFlop

EDIT/Update: This solution has been working fine for me ever since. For anyone else reading with this ethernet problem doing the above in System Preferences followed by an unplug of the Ethernet cord (20-30 seconds) did the trick for me.

I wanted to revive this thread in case anybody else has this problem - I've seen multiple threads unanswered when searching for this solution.

So far this solution worked for me, and it's been working for tonight at least. Let's hope it stays working or else I'll need to buy a wifi dongle or something :crazy:

Thanks FlipFlop

EDIT/Update: This solution has been working fine for me ever since. For anyone else reading with this ethernet problem doing the above in System Preferences followed by an unplug of the Ethernet cord (20-30 seconds) did the trick for me.

I was building August 2014 CustoMac Mini: GA-H87N-Wifi; Intel i3-4360, 8 GB RAM, TP-Link WDN4800, Optiarc DVD-RW, Samsung 120 GB SATA (all from the buyer's guide) and... I ran across ethernet problem. Downloaded the Multibeast - Snow Leopard, I think I used KextBeast (don't know what that does exactly) still had ethernet problems.

For some reason I couldn't find 1000T option so I clicked the 100baseTX, half-duplex, Standard (1500) and unplugged, replugged, then rebooted.

Worked!

Now I don't know what is going on, but my system is just slow slow slow. This may be another problem with the system being Haswell and 10.6.8 snow leopard cannot recognize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back