2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 20th Anniv. Mac
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I know this is covered well in other posts, however, despite checking into many of the fixes (alternate kexts etc...) I cannot get this ethernet port to function.

Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3

Processor – i5 2400 3.2Ghz

Due to installing an app that screwed my rig I've had to rebuild.

Multibeast 8.2.3

Usually this install works with RealtekRTL8111 v2.0.0

However ,now this kext doesn't bring the port to life.

During install for 10.11.6, the ethernet option during install also fails.

My question is; is it possible to have an ethernet port (hardware) fail? i.e. is my motherboard damaged?

Cheers,

The first thing to check is that it has not become disabled in your BIOS settings.

With your computer connected to the power but not switched on, check the port for lights.

Test in another operating system.

And yes, it is possible for a network port to fail.

The first thing to check is that it has not become disabled in your BIOS settings.
With your computer connected to the power but not switched on, check the port for lights.
Test in another operating system.
And yes, it is possible for a network port to fail.

Port LED lights with computer off.

Enabled in BIOS

At the minute I'm thinking a PCIE card would get me out of strife – but then that wouldn't be en0, leaving App Store out of the picture...

Thanks P1lgrim

At the minute I'm thinking a PCIE card would get me out of strife – but then that wouldn't be en0, leaving App Store out of the picture...
Not at all, you can disable the onboard Ethernet and have your PCIe card as en0.

It still looks like it might just be a driver issue though.

[/QUOTE]
Not at all, you can disable the onboard Ethernet and have your PCIe card as en0.

It still looks like it might just be a driver issue though.

That's certainly what I'm hoping – what concerns me is I've never had this occur. Previous build was the same UniBeast USB key. Same install procedure. I kept notes and the appropriate apps (MultiBeast 8.2.3 and Multicast 8.01 – strictly for the Audio ALC889 driver – 8.2.3 doesn't install an ALC889 driver that works, hence the 8.01).

If PCIe card can be set as en0 I'm filled with hope – can't login to AppStore as you'd know.

Thus far have tried all Realtek drivers in MultiBeast 8.2.3 and the 8.01 version of MB - to no avail. Removed previous drivers before installing with KextBeast 2.01 – installing to /Library/Extensions

At a loss – pining for ethernet. All tips gratefully absorbed.

At a loss – pining for ethernet. All tips gratefully absorbed.
Suggest download MultiBeast Sierra and select only Mieze's Realtek driver :

Mieze.png

It would probably help to reset the network interfaces first as per the iMessage Guide too.

Superb. Thanks. Would not have tried this thinking it to be an incompatible MBeast. Was already going through Mieze's offerings.

Shall file report.
Does that mean it's working now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back