i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630 + Vega 56
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I know this subject has been beaten to death but I'm only interested to know if Imessage will work only on Ethernet. Don't need Airdrop etc
I am trying to build a new computer for a friend and it doesn't have WIFI or Btooth
Followed to the dot the Imessge guides from here with no success
Allows me to sign into the Apple account however Imessage keeps giving me an error with a code to contact Apple
I am not looking for help for Imessage and I can followup by myself and eventually reinstall the whole system from scratch but don't want to waste any more time if it needs a WIFI/Btooth adapter in order to work.

Mine has Ethernet and WIFI/Btooth but WIFI is disabled and my Imessage works fine so I assumed it would work without the WIFI

Thank you

@rainfactor,

iMessage should work just fine with an ethernet only internet connection, just make sure that the NIC has a status of "Built-In" and a BSD name of eth0, eth1 .. etc. You can use Hackintool to check.

If for some reason you still have problems and can not get the NIC to have a status of "Built-In" you can use the NullEthernet kext to create a dummy device which should then allow iMessage to work.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey

Appreciate the input. I can continue the tshooting :)
I did follow the guides(including the eth0 piece) and I am probably missing something.
I will start from scratch and see how it goes. The only part that I might have done wrong was to do all the steps in one shot without rebooting in between ...not sure if that would make a difference ....but will try that way too.
At the same time I don't want to end up with the Id being blocked all together after messing up with all the SN/UUIDs etc
I will see

Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back