Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I set up my system a few years ago, everything works like a charm with one exception, the Ethernet. I use wifi and it works, has since I set it up. I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and haven't updated the system at all since setting it up in fear that I will turn it into a brick. But now, I have a NAS that I need to hook up to my system through Ethernet, but it's not working. Want to transfer files from my system to NAS through Ethernet port. My MOBO is GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3.

Looking for advice, but keep in mind I'm starting over as a noob - no idea where to start, load files, etc. The more detailed instructions the better. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Thought I'd try and bump to see if anyone had any helpful tips I could try?

I think your MOBO has a Realtek RTL8111E for LAN. Just download the corresponding MultiBeast for your OS and install the LAN driver. Should work OK

I think your MOBO has a Realtek RTL8111E for LAN. Just download the corresponding MultiBeast for your OS and install the LAN driver. Should work OK
Thanks for tip, I tried that, but now when I connect Ethernet is says "not connected" - before trying this it used to say "connected" but it couldn't see the NAS drives. Now it doesn't see them and says "not connected". Any additional tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back