Graphics
AMD Radeon
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Everything has been working great for many months now, and then today I accidentally put my pc to sleep, and then on waking found the internet being slow ish, so I put it back on sleep.

On waking, I found the ethernet is gone from the network and shows as 'failed' in diagnostic. The WiFi works.

Update:
Removed all the network related plists.
Removed old kext from s/l/e
Reinstalled Lnx2mac kext
Restarted

Still nothing :'(

Update 2:

The ethernet card is not recognised in the system information : This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed.

I tried deleting, and reinstalling next. The chameleon boot list says EthernetBuiltIn as Yes. The Bios has LAN enabled. The ethernet light is glowing.

What is going on?!

Re: I messed up big time!! HELP PLEASE!

The ethernet interface is missing as well, so I can't make new location.

I deleted the network.identification.plist and rebooted, reinstalled ethernet kext. still no use!

deleted

deleted

Hello.

Can someone help me out please?
The ethernet card is not recognised in the system information : This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed.

I tried deleting, and reinstalling next. The chameleon boot list says EthernetBuiltIn as Yes. The Bios has LAN enabled. The ethernet light is glowing.

What is going on?!

geejay123 said:
Hello.

This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed.

Mine has the same info at system profiler but the ethernet is working. So you shouldn't take that info for certain during troubleshoting.

But I don't have an ethernet interface in either network utility, or ifconfig, or through network settings.

There is just no mention of the ethernet anywhere! But the Lnx2Mac .kext is in the /s/l/e :(

geejay123 said:
There is just no mention of the ethernet anywhere! But the Lnx2Mac .kext is in the /s/l/e
Is the kext loaded?

How do I find that out?

I checked the system information and checked extensions, and it wasn't in that list. Does that mean it didn't load?

Thanks for trying to help man.. It is really disappointing to see no one even gives a damn and when they have the same problem they aren't going to find any useful help..

EDIT: Okay, so I went on terminal and used kextload to load the kext now it shows up on System profiler. But its still not showing up on network. What do I do?

Did you apply any OSX Updates that may have break the ethernet? Just a shot in the dark, see if you can run the "HP Probook Installer", and select "Ethernet Kext Installer" option only. Also run repair permissions in Disk Util. and see if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back