Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, All
I am having a tough time connecting to internet.
I got GZ-Z77-DS3H and used multibeast to install necessary kexts and it works fine except network. I did choose atheros ethernet kext in Multibeast and shows it is there however the weird thing is that it shows as connected and have some IP address assigned while it is not even plugged in!

I only use my Atheros 9280 airport card to connect so I don't even have ethernet cable.

I think this is causing another issue with my network as I am having hard time connecting to my wireless network (which I know it is fine as I can connect and suft w/o issu with iPhone, iPad, macbook and this computer when booted into Windows) so I have to use my iPhone to tether to write this thread.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-28 at 5.11.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-28 at 5.11.28 PM.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 138
todesto - your network address starts w a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx
this is whats know as a public address range and should not be used by someone behind a nat'd firewall / router ! Private address are 10.xxx.xxx.xxx 172.xxx.xxx.xxx and 192.xxx.xxx.xxx: - these are what we use as address behind a firewall / Wireless router.
As your network config states it is DHCP or automatic and your not connected by a wire to an active network this address we see is being generated by the OS - this happens in windows if a nic is not able to get a DHCP packet from the router / dhcp server - and the OS assign a generic address - so I think you may want to trun off the nic in the bios and this should not be seen - if you do have to reinstall the Mac OS leave that nic ( both) disabled in the BIOS and dont select the option for a network nic in MultiBeast and use your Air Port for network.

Leaving the nic enable in the bios will cause the network config of the OS to make attemps a trying to get a legit nic address from you DHCP server / router.
hope this helps

Totenkopf4

Thanks for your advise. I will try it tomorrow when I go back to the office.
However, doesn't disabling NIC in bios prevents you from iCloud or AppStore or such?

Also, why does this happen? Shouldn't it show as unplugged?
How do other GA-Z77-DS3H show? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back