CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 5670
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I have a GA-P55M-UD4 motherboard. I have Snow Leopard installed but I am still starting it with the Chameleon CD. My ethernet connection is not active. When I boot into OSX the LEDs aren't active on my ethernet connection on the back of the motherboard. I know nothing about OSX but from what I can see in looking at the settings it didn't recognize my onboard ethernet port during the install.

The other issue I am having is that when I reboot I get a CMOS checksum error. I have Windows 7 installed on another hard disk that is currently not connected and never received a checksum error when I booted to it. Am I missing something in the BIOS that I should be setting to another value?

I will download and install the new BIOS. When I checked last week Ver. F7 was in beta so I opted to update to F6. I will install F7 and see what happens.

I don't want to ask a stupid question but since I'm a newbie and learning I need to, how do I install a kext file? A link with some information would be fine. I don't expect you to spend a lot of time trying to explain everything to me. Is installing a kext about the same as copying the files to make the OSX drive bootable without using Chameleon in Tony's guides?

Thanks for the help!

Well, the simple way is to use the kext helper on the tonymac disc in this case, read step 3 here http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... -from.html which seems to be the part you missed and why you don't have Ethernet working.

The CMOS errors, I really don't know, could be a wide range of things that causes that, not specific to OSX.

Thanks for the info. I will download the DSDT for my motherboard tonight. The Ethernet issue was resolved when I followed Tony's instructions on making my Snow Leopard drive bootable. I hadn't noticed (I may have missed) any information when I installed Snow Leopard from Tony's instructions about the Ethernet driver not being installed but noticed in his guide Make your Snow Leopard Drive Bootable that after I did a Repair Permissions he says You will now have Ethernet access.

I replaced my DSDT.aml file with the one from Tony Mac's web site for my GA-P55M-UD4 motherboard. I am still getting the CMOS checksum error when I reboot my computer. On the wiki.osx86project.org web site it says to tell your bootloader to use the new DSDT file instead of the BIOS. When I boot my computer I am booting into Chameleon to select either OSX or Windows 7 which is installed on a separate hard disk. Is the problem maybe related to Chameleon rather than OSX? When I boot only from the Windows 7 hard disk I don't receive the CMOS checksum error.

You need to make sure the DSDT is named DSDT.aml.

I attached a new version for the P55M-UD4- the RTC 04 is changed to 02 in both areas- that shouldn't matter, but you can give it a try. I'm pretty sure your Chameleon isn't picking up the DSDT.aml

To make sure it's working, run any of the newer Chameleon Installers (PC-EFI 6, RC4, or RC5) from my blog, then put this DSDT in your Extra folder. Delete any DSDT on the root.

Good luck!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    18.7 KB · Views: 154
Tony. Since I have Chameleon on the Snow Leopard hard drive how do I use the installers from your blog? Do I just make another CD and boot from that and then into Snow Leopard instead of directly from the hard drive? Also, with the DSDT.aml I just copied it to the SL hard drive. Do I need to rerun program to build permissions and all that good stuff again? I did download new DSDT file and tried booting SL again and still received CMOS checksum error. I wanted to try new Chameleon but didn't know how to use it via CD and installing it to SL hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back