Contribute
Register

Ethernet Adapter on Sabertooth x58 Board (Realtek)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC5i5RYH
CPU
i5
Graphics
Intel
Hi,

I've successfully converted my Windows desktop box to one that can dual boot El Capitan. I'm having some problems with the post install tasks, specifically the ethernet driver. The only thing I can see in network connections is the firewire ports. I've tried starting over from scratch several times and following the directions exactly (to the best of my ability at least), but still no luck.

Any idea what I might be missing? To my knowledge, none of the post-install kexts are working (audio won't work either, except through my USB headset).

Thanks for any advice!

Hi,

I've successfully converted my Windows desktop box to one that can dual boot El Capitan. I'm having some problems with the post install tasks, specifically the ethernet driver. The only thing I can see in network connections is the firewire ports. I've tried starting over from scratch several times and following the directions exactly (to the best of my ability at least), but still no luck.

Any idea what I might be missing? To my knowledge, none of the post-install kexts are working (audio won't work either, except through my USB headset).

Thanks for any advice!

What is the vendor/device-id of the Ethernet device? Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out (or 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal).

I did this through Windows, but I think it's what you're looking for:

Vendor: 10EC
Device: 8167

I did this through Windows, but I think it's what you're looking for:

Vendor: 10EC
Device: 8167

Mieze's RealtekRTL8111.kext does not support it.

You might try lnx2mac RealtekRTL81xx.kext, but it is old and probably has issues.

Otherwise, drop a supported Ethernet card in a free PCIe slot.

Mieze's RealtekRTL8111.kext does not support it.

You might try lnx2mac RealtekRTL81xx.kext, but it is old and probably has issues.

Otherwise, drop a supported Ethernet card in a free PCIe slot.

I grabbed an unused Intel Pro 1000 card I had and tried that. No dice.

A couple things I've noticed:

1. When selecting my internal hard drive as the boot device, I get a clover screen with a grey background and slightly different graphics if my USB stick is removed. I then get a kernel panic a couple seconds after the apple screen appears (after selecting my internal El Capitan drive).

2. If I select my internal drive with my usb stick inserted (not booted from this device, just present in the system), I get a black background clover screen. If I again chose the internal El Capitan disk, it boots fine but with no Ethernet or on-board audio support.

I feel like I'm either installing the drivers wrong, or my clover installation/config is messed up, or both. Any ideas? I feel like I'm close...

Edit: The info on the newly installed NIC is 8086/107C. After researching this quickly, I'm not sure this card is supported either. If this is the case, is there a list of network cards that are easily supported, or is there a workaround that I could use what I have on-hand?

I've dug around on this site, and I have not found a list of supported NIC cards. I believe the new card installed uses the e1000 drivers, which are pretty common. I would think this adapter would be supported. If this is true, it leads me to believe that I'm installing the kexts wrong.

I'd love to get this going and test drive it a little while before I decide whether or not I should build a NUC hackintosh box. Can anyone give me any pointers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back