Contribute
Register

Errors Encountered While Starting Up... Pausing 5 Seconds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcbyte_it said:
I am getting this message too...

Code:
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/udf.kext/Contents/MacOS/udf] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/udf.kext/Contents/MacOS/udf] 292416 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/webdav_fs.kext/Contents/MacOS/webdav_fs] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/webdav_fs.kext/Contents/MacOS/webdav_fs] 44336 bytes.
Errors encountered while starting up the computer.
Pausing 5 seconds...
Starting Darwin x86_64

I have 3 hard disks in my computer, 2 with windows NTFS partitions (Win7, data, video, ecc) [MBR table], and 1 dedicated to Mac Lion [GUID table].....

Mac continues to boot after the pause, but it is annoying to pause for no reason.

Using latest chimera (1.5.4)
restore the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist to the original installation dvd

laloman18 said:
Easy fix budy...

For all of you getting the famous "Errors encountered while starting up the computer"
"Pausing 5 seconds..."

Simple way to fix "pausing 5 seconds" error do the following -

Type to terminal: sudo systemsetup -setkernelbootarchitecture i386

Then hit Enter, fix permissions and reboot.

Humm, it don't work for me :? (Lion Version 10.7.3)

I am alone with this?

thanks for the help :thumbup:

I wanted to share my fix...

After looking closely at my org.chameleon.Boot.plist I saw that I had a duplicate entry for <key>Kernel</key>.

This gave me the Pausing 5 Seconds error.

I removed it, rebooted and it booted right into Lion.

restore the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist to the original installation dvd

This instantly fixed the issue for me. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back