Contribute
Register

Error while patching DSDT using MaciASL

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the problem. PARSEOP_ZERO patch doesnt produce any errors. After patching the I2C I get the above said errors. SO I think I should post about this in the other forum?

That is the problem. PARSEOP_ZERO patch doesnt produce any errors. After patching the I2C I get the above said errors. SO I think I should post about this in the other forum?

You should pay attention to what you're doing with the I2C patches. Clearly, those edits are causing obvious mistakes...

Look at the mismatched braces:
Code:
    If (LNotEqual (SMD0, 0x02))
    {

If (LEqual (SMD0, 0x02))
    {

And once you fix that, there is more nonsense code (duplicate methods/etc).

Woops. just saw that. I really dont know how to fix that. I dont know where the iteration ends and which method should be in scope when o_O

So what should be the solution to this? manual fix?

Woops. just saw that. I really dont know how to fix that. I dont know where the iteration ends and which method should be in scope when o_O

You should pay attention to the intent of the patches you're trying to apply.
If you're using automated MaciASL patches and they are creating this code, seems they are not designed for the code in your DSDT.

This was the same patch used to fix the trackpad on the same model laptop in another thread.
I tried pretty much every patch. And I get the same syntactical errors.

I2C trackpads, work in progress indeed>..<

This was the same patch used to fix the trackpad on the same model laptop in another thread.
I tried pretty much every patch. And I get the same syntactical errors.

I2C trackpads, work in progress indeed>..<

You will need to ascertain the intent of the patches.

The patches were for skylake laptops with a I2C trackpad. (Which is my case)
Also, one specific patch(out of four) worked for a guy with the same model laptop as mine.

I however tried all four patches. Nothing seemed to be syntactically right with my DSDT. I'll ask the guy who fixed this for further help.

IMG_0179.JPG
I was trying to fix the back light using your guide, I patched there dsdt (fix back light and rename gpu0 to igpu)
I saved the dsdt as all and put it in ACPI/Patched
Now, I can't boot into my Mac. Even in the recovery partition. Also tried the USB installer, same error
I also used DSDT=NULL -f -x
Screenshots are attached

Attachments

• IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 61
View attachment 229688 I was trying to fix the back light using your guide, I patched there dsdt (fix back light and rename gpu0 to igpu)
I saved the dsdt as all and put it in ACPI/Patched
Now, I can't boot into my Mac. Even in the recovery partition. Also tried the USB installer, same error
I also used DSDT=NULL -f -x
Screenshots are attached

You probably failed to rename GFX0->IGPU in the SSDTs as well, or failed to place the resulting SSDTs in ACPI/patched, or failed to use SortedOrder to set SSDT load order, or failed to set DropOem=true.

Read guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back