Contribute
Register

error encountered while starting up the computer pausing 5 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem on yosemite 10.10.4 and I don't know what caused this. However it is a minor annoyance. Probably this came up after messing with my windows or linux HDDs (my setup has 2 SSDs and 1 HDD. All the above solutions didn't work for me. I couldn't replace my com.apple.Boot.plist, because I cannot find it in the installation app for yosemite. If someone knows its location in the installation app contents please help me.

Hi

I have the same problem. I have one SSD and one HDD. On SSD is the yosemite, on HDD is the win8.
I had make a second partition under win8 with eases partition manager on HDD, for my files...and under yosemite, I had this second partition eraesed and make it to journaled partition. From that time I have this "5 second error".
When I pull out the HDD cable from the motherboard, and then boot into yosemite, then there is no more error message.

How can I resolve this problem?
I have exactly the same issue you have, did you fix it?
And how please? Thanks in advance!!

Another thing to try :

Navigate to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
Delete the com.apple.Boot.plist.

Please read the Rules :

Thanks in anticipation

There is no com.apple.Boot.plist. in that directory or I deleted it already.

It is still showing the error message during boot.

when i going to instal yosemite,os x el capitain,maviricks, snowleopard.on my intel pc
iam getting an error that shows this line"error encountered while starting up system"and it will passes for 5 secounds and istalation starts after instalation dun
and yosemite or other mac operating systems will get error and not opens
plzzzzzz friend i want solution to solve this problem

when i going to instal yosemite,os x el capitain,maviricks, snowleopard.on my intel pc
iam getting an error that shows this line"error encountered while starting up system"and it will passes for 5 secounds and istalation starts after instalation dun
and yosemite or other mac operating systems will get error and not opens
plzzzzzz friend i want solution to solve this problem
A lot of your problem might be with your OS X installation files. From where did you download them? How long ago?

This Spring, Apple's certificates expired on the older OS X's, and we had to redownload them from the Apple Mac App Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back