Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Radeon vii
With the latest update of Catalina I can no longer boot without the error allocating pages error. Is this due to me using aptiomemoryfix still? I have the latest Clover 5107 and all my nexts have been updated prior to update.

unknown, can you share your CLOVER folder ?

I can’t even boot into my recovery/backup USB without the error. May just do a fresh install if I can’t get this figured out :/

Try these three files in the Drivers Folder and remove AptioMemoryFix.efi and EmuVariable.Uefi.efi. Good luck.
(BTW if you're going to use the Drive EmuVariable, you should remove the Uefi it should be as EmuVariable.efi).

Attachments

• FwRuntimeServices.efi
    10.5 KB · Views: 57
  • OcQuirks.efi
    39.6 KB · Views: 68
  • OcQuirks.plist
    836 bytes · Views: 52
Is there a point to emuvariable? I was reading into what it is used for

I am not absolutely sure of it's purpose but coupled with an AptioFix Driver I think it is to aid memory allocation for boards that does not have or support native Nvram. If my answer is wrong or sounds vague, hopefully a more knowledgeable member will offer more precise info on the subject.

PS. If you're going to use the three files I uploaded, you don't need to use the EmuVariable Driver as the OcQuirks ones takes care of that function.

Is there a point to emuvariable?

Emu.png

EmuVariableUefi.efi enables the creation of the nvram.plist file, rc scripts allow the file to be written to disk.

Got everything fixed and just switched back to Mojave. For some reason I always have better luck. Thank you so much everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back