CPU
i5-4200U
Graphics
Intel HD 4400, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a problem in Hackintosh sierra, when I want to copy and paste something to EFI folder it show me error -36 (the finder can't complete the operation because some data cannot be read or written). any help?

I have a problem in Hackintosh sierra, when I want to copy and paste something to EFI folder it show me error -36 (the finder can't complete the operation because some data cannot be read or written). any help?

Maybe your EFI partition has inadequate free space for the files you are attempting to copy.

Maybe your EFI partition has inadequate free space for the files you are attempting to copy.
I want to copy CodecCommander.kext to EFI-clover-kext but it show me this message: error -36 (the finder can't complete the operation because some data in "CodecCommander.kext" can't be read or written).
Note: CodecCommander.kext and aDummyHDA.kext are hidden in kext folder I do not know why.

Last edited:
I want to copy CodecCommander.kext to EFI-clover-kext but it show me this message: error -36 (the finder can't complete the operation because some data in "CodecCommander.kext" can't be read or written).
Note: CodecCommander.kext and aDummyHDA.kext are hidden in kext folder I do not know why.

But... no reason to place CodecCommander.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts. It is not an essential kexts. Only essential kexts should be placed in EFI/Clover/kexts.

See post #2 of the Clover guide for details on correct kext installation procedures:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back