Contribute
Register

Err(0x5) <- RT.GV wake-failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
the same, no windows partition, everything almost like your code above, i just changed PickerMode from External to Builtin because i'm using Graphical Opencore GUI.

Do you know if i format my windows partition and reinstall, this partition appear automatically in my boot options? no problem if i need to do it to fix it.
if you use opencanopy for the nicer boot menu, then PickerMode needs to be set to External

assume windows is installed UEFI/GPT ? otherwise it won't boot if in legacy

then with those options checked, reboot into macos and then reboot laptop, change in bios boot order that opencore is first in the list, it should show up the new gui let me know what options are listed, take a photo if needs be

if you use opencanopy for the nicer boot menu, then PickerMode needs to be set to External

then with those options checked, reboot into macos and then reboot laptop, change in bios boot order that opencore is first in the list, it should show up the new gui let me know what options are listed, take a photo if needs be
How to check this information in Partition?

through my disk utility i can see the partition information where Windows was installed but i don't know how to check if it was installed in GPT ou legacy:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 15.04.22.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 15.04.22.png
    85 KB · Views: 126
How to check this information in Partition?

through my disk utility i can see the partition information where Windows was installed but i don't know how to check if it was installed in GPT ou legacy:
if you can boot into windows:
https://www.easyuefi.com/resource/c...the Windows + R keys,booted in UEFI BIOS mode.
that will tell you if it is in legacy or UEFI

you mentioned that you can see the drive when you boot form your usb stick, you may need to compare what is different with usb config.plist and hard drive config.plist booter quirks etc, ignore any video/kexts/audio sections as they will differ

if you can boot into windows:
https://www.easyuefi.com/resource/check-windows-is-booted-in-uefi-mode.html#:~:text=Press the Windows + R keys,booted in UEFI BIOS mode.
that will tell you if it is in legacy or UEFI

you mentioned that you can see the drive when you boot form your usb stick, you may need to compare what is different with usb config.plist and hard drive config.plist booter quirks etc, ignore any video/kexts/audio sections as they will differ
to have a sure i inserted my old boot catalina's pendrive and still working, look at my clover boot loader with triple boot and inside the windows, the bios mode UEFI

I can see the OPENCORE boot option, this is the only one in my boot options.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 15.23.50.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 15.23.50.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 133
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 15.24.01.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 15.24.01.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 129
to have a sure i inserted my old boot catalina's pendrive and still working, look at my clover boot loader with triple boot and inside the windows, the bios mode UEFI

I can see the OPENCORE boot option, this is the only one in my boot options.
upload your config.plist form usb stick and also from your hard drive, make sure to label them correctly :)

upload your config.plist form usb stick and also from your hard drive, make sure to label them correctly :)
Yep i did it, it's working only using Clover boot loader in pendrive, in my hard drive i have the Opencore working.
But it's okay, I'll format this another partition with windows again and i think back to work my dual boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back