Contribute
Register

EP45 DS4 - No sound (64bit), tried several kext's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
6900 XT (Spoofed)
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello All.

Long time reader, first time writer :-D

I'm going straight to the chase.

I using a Gigabyte EP45 DS4 with this DSDT ( http://www.kexts.com/view/291-ga-ep45-ds4.html), any other DSDT makes my OS X at half speed (6500 geekbench, compared to 9500). But it also rids of my sound. So to get best of both worlds, I have tried several .kext's from here and there (AppleHDA's, Voodoo's, Legacy's). None of them change anything :crazy:

My install method is as follows:
USB drive with 10.6.0 modified with Magic Installer (http://stellarola.tumblr.com/post/23846 ... te-ud3p-v3). Installs perfectly 10.6.0 and then I update to 10.6.4 and use the Magic Installer. Then I swap the DSDT out with the one mentioned above to get support for my Motherboard. This makes everything work, besides sound. Sound works though with the DSDT that Magic Installer puts in /EXTRE. So I have included it together with the DSDT that does not have sound.

In E/E there is 0 kext's. In S/L/E there is only AppleHDA.kext, with this install method.

I have downloaded a guide how to extract DSDT. I'm clueless on what numbers or sections that needs changing :)

Here are both DSDT files (they are named "with" and "without" sound), where I hope the "without sound" can get sound again, since it makes my Mac run at full speed.

Hope someone can help me out.

Attachments

• 2xDSDT_dsl+aml.zip
    40 KB · Views: 89
I have tried to merge the HDEF code from the sound DSDT to the no-sound DSDT.

Half success, since now I actually get some info in the "System Profiler" under Audio (see screenshot) where as before I had no info.

Any one who knows what the last info I need for this to work ?

Attachments

• HDEF.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Fixed DSDT.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back