Contribute
Register

enrobriaffej's Triple Boot SSD Build: i5-3570K - GA-Z77X-UD5H - EVGA GTX 760 - G.Skill 16GB - Blu-Ra

Status
Not open for further replies.
enrobriaffej's Build: Core i5-3570K - GA-Z77X-UD5H - 16GB RAM 1600MHz - GT 640

Basically do i still need to follow the apple graphics power management edits and speed settings steps from you guide. i'm on bios 15 now with this board, still revision 1.1, so same board.

And i'm wondering what would be the plus or minus of changing my system definition to other than MP 3.1… like you did because.

Did you change anything more in you smbios or boot plist? I haven't gone to maverick, and don't plan to for now. Yet but i wonder about my boot and smbios options for 10.8.5. I just switch my board for another ud5h (the old one was missing a pci- slot so they sent me a new one). I reinstalled and it works but i'm wondering about if it needs ssdt other than the one i put for hdmi sound and iic we need still need th patched dsdt from pjalm and all that shebang.

Basically do i still need to follow the apple graphics power management edits and speed settings steps from you guide. i'm on bios 15 now with this board, still revision 1.1, so same board.

And i'm wondering what would be the plus or minus of changing my system definition to other than MP 3.1… like you did because.

I have changed a few things in Smbios and org.chameleon.boot.plist. The most updated ones I posted here, post 43. I'll update them when I get home to what i'm using now. No major differences, but a few i noticed.

You don't HAVE to edit your agpm, but i did anyway in mavericks. I don't think i ever did in ML, but i was using mac pro 3,1. Now agpm loads successfully and takes over for graphics pm. It does hang when using specific apps but it still loads nonetheless...

Using iMac 13,2 or 13,1 provides the closest set up to what i have; specifically a kepler graphcs card and ivy bridge cpu. Speedstep is limited on iMac definitions but im ok with just 1200,1600 and 4200MHz p-states. Anti-pop app is needed to for the crakling/popping sounds. If you changed your hardware you definitely need a new DSDT. SSDT is ok as long as you have the same processor. Mac mini 6,2 provides optimal speed stepping but created other problems for me like pink/green video, no flash hardware acceleration, open cl/gl fails, and etc. I briefly tried mac pro 3,1 and 5,1 on mavericks but iMac always worked best on 10.9.

Im also using DSDT with hdmi audio injection, 1200MHz-4200MHz SSDT, apgm edit, BIOS version f16-mod8...

I would recommend using a modified bios as hackintoshx86 uses. f16-mod9 is out but i haven't flashed it because mod8 is working awesome for me. If you flash a new bios you will need a new dsdt.

here you go. I have been using these settings for a while now.
Mulitbeast settings, ssdt, org.chameleon.boot.plist, smbios.plist, f16-mod8&9 bios
my bios settings are identical to the pictures in the first post of this thread.
I would make your own dsdt though.

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    879 bytes · Views: 295
  • ssdt.aml
    1.3 KB · Views: 158
  • MB.mb
    3.8 KB · Views: 152
  • smbios.plist
    919 bytes · Views: 286
  • z77xud5h_mod8_f16.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 101
  • z77xud5h_mod9_f16.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 114

Small Update from me: Setting "Generate CPU States" to YES solved my crashing problem and this Hackintosh is running like a champ for about a week now. Thanks for all your insights. :)

Hi guys,

having a slight problem i want to get over. Every time I boot im prompted with this screen. Any way to automatically boot into my Mac?
IMG_8976.jpg

Greetings
Max

Thats the basic boot screen for chameleon/chimera. If you want it to boot without having to hit the enter key then change some lines in you org.chameleon.Boot.plist file located in /Extra folder.
Code:
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>No</string>
or just delete those lines if they're present.

You'll want to add:
Code:
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
change the number according to how long you want the boot screen to display. you could also try the quiet boot feature. read more about all of this here. I would also recommend using a theme for your bootloader. Do this manually like above or just run Multibeast (Customize>Theme). I use one I edited to fit my liking, picture is at the bottom of post#1 in this thread.

Updates. Windows 7, evga gtx 760, updated first post for mavericks with new pics

Windows 7 Benchmarks:
Untitled.pngcine.pnggeekbench 2.png840evo.png

After rapid-mode enabled on 840EVO
after rapid.png

Ubuntu 13.10 Benchmarks:
Geekbench 32bit.pngunigine.jpgdisk test.png

and i made a video showing booting all three operating systems. sorry about the quality but it can't be helped
[video=youtube_share;1hNjPzB33Pw]http://youtu.be/1hNjPzB33Pw[/video]

6/2014 Clover r2689, csm disabled
Ultrazone's guide is perfect.
only changes to bios:
140621215241 copy.jpg140621215259 copy.jpg

All benchmarks and setting are pretty much the same, except for Cinebench (+20 fps):
96673-screen-shot-2014-06-17-10-50-22-pm.png

Reboot with timeout 0:
[video=youtube_share;7UW5E-t8WV0]http://youtu.be/7UW5E-t8WV0[/video]

Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 12.02.21 AM.png
EFI folder attached to post one as "Clover" zip file.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for the bump but i just wanted to add some yosemite pics and files. its been pretty solid for me since dp5 or so
Desktop.pngScreen Shot 2014-07-09 at 3.22.28 AM.jpg
Everything works perfectly with no hanging GPU frequency. HDMI audio only.

Attachments

• EFI Yosemite.zip
    18.8 MB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back