Contribute
Register

enrobriaffej's Triple Boot SSD Build: i5-3570K - GA-Z77X-UD5H - EVGA GTX 760 - G.Skill 16GB - Blu-Ra

Status
Not open for further replies.
enrobriaffej's Build: Core i5-3570K - GA-Z77X-UD5H - 8GB RAM 1600MHz - GT 640

I still can't get the audio working.

The volume control is available, the line out audio is also selectable however no sound at all from all audio ports. Have tried to delete all Audio keyt. Reinstall 10.8.3 combo update, reboot. Run multibeast and reinstall everything. Still not working.

Any suggestion?

Don't know whether the spdif digital output is working or not.

What motherboard revision and bios version do you have?
Did you use the RealTek ALC8xx kext from Multibeast? the ALC 898 specifically?

I had luck with the ALC 889 audio kext as well, you could try that. Also make sure your Audio System Preferences are set up correctly, especially the output tab.

What motherboard revision and bios version do you have?
Did you use the RealTek ALC8xx kext from Multibeast? the ALC 898 specifically?

I had luck with the ALC 889 audio kext as well, you could try that. Also make sure your Audio System Preferences are set up correctly, especially the output tab.

Rev 1.0, bios 14.

Yes I use the ALC898 from multibeast.

Should I do the clean re-install? My initial ML is 10.8.1. I have the 10.8.3 combo update which had already installed now.
If I need to do the clean reinstall, should I run the multibeast prior the 10.8.3 combo update or after the update?

Rev 1.0, bios 14.

Yes I use the ALC898 from multibeast.

try 889 and make sure your audio device is selected in audio preferences.
im on bios 14 but rev 1.1. There is a difference between the revisions worth noting, it may have something to do with the MB audio driver but I can't be certain. If you try the other kext and set up audio preferences and it still doesn't work then Im sorry but i can't be much help to you. I'm sure you can find a fix on google or this site or insanelymac.

I would say don't do a clean install yet. First, exhaust all other possibilities. You must run multibeast AFTER installation(s), then repair permissions and reboot.

Your initial keyt installation is 898, right. Do I need to delete the 898 keyt first before installing the 889? If I need to delete it, which keyt I need to delete?

Yes my install says 898 because it works for me; since it doesn't for you try a similar audio kext in the same category in multibeast.

Actually, it looks like you can just check 889 in Multibeast and it will replace the current AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions with a new one. The other kext it adds is HDAEnabler1.kext. After you install from multibeast, check /System/Library/Extensions folder to make sure there is only one HDAEnabler1.kext, repair permissions and reboot. You can repeat those steps anytime you change audio kexts. Changing other kexts is a similar process, but not always identical.

This is going from the description window at the bottom of the multibeast installer app. Click on a particular kext in multibeast to see a description of what is being performed.

Thanks. Will try that in a few hours. Need to go first for "Tour of Duty".

I've deleted applehda and hdaenabler from extensions. Reinstall it using multibeast by selecting 898.

Run Disk Utilities and did permissions repair.

Now I have sound output from the orange jack if I choose the line output 1 from the sound setting. While I can't get the green jack working.

So far so good. better than no sound at all.

Question is, how could I get the 5.1 sound if only from the orange jack the analog sound is working?

Have you tried the digital toslink line out? Wondering whether that output could give me a good 5.1 sound.

I've deleted applehda and hdaenabler from extensions. Reinstall it using multibeast by selecting 898.

Run Disk Utilities and did permissions repair.

Now I have sound output from the orange jack if I choose the line output 1 from the sound setting. While I can't get the green jack working.

So far so good. better than no sound at all.

Question is, how could I get the 5.1 sound if only from the orange jack the analog sound is working?

Have you tried the digital toslink line out? Wondering whether that output could give me a good 5.1 sound.

Thats weird. The green always worked for me straight off. I never tried the digital out since i don't have anything to try it with. You could get a headphone to rca splitter and then go from the single orange to a receiver. Thats how i would go about it.

Also, I don't think you need to manually delete any kext, I am pretty sure by installing a different audio kext in multibeast it will overwrite the necessary kexts anyway. Glad you got sound though :headbang: for the digital out you'll probably have to check other peoples build tutorials for instructions.

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!
I'm curious, have you tried running on the integrated graphics? Is it ok?
If you didn't – I'd be immensely grateful for some testing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back