Graphics
GT 210
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi!
A few weeks ago I test-drived Clover as explained there and since then I can't access any more EnergySaver.prefPane (+ some issue with Shades — a third party dimming prefpane, that is now restored to full power after wake, and was not before).
I still can set EnergySaver's prefs through Terminal.
I've tried every common troubleshooting operation (repair permission, clearing caches, etc.) to no avail.
I've tried on a clean system on another disk: everything works ok.
Does this sound familiar to anyone? What can I do?

My build:
Z68 with 10.9.5 prepared with MB 6.5.0 running perfectly since last summer.
The version of Clover I used on the USB key was v2k_r3142
N.B.: after a few days trial with Clover, I decided not to use it and continue with Chimera 3.0.1 as it was before, but noticed the problems only after a while, so I can't be totally sure that it's related with my trial of Clover but it seems very likely so... ;)

Capture d’écran 2015-02-25 à 00.28.17.png

My build:
Z68 with 10.9.5 prepared with MB 6.5.0 running perfectly since last summer.
The version of Clover I used on the USB key was v2k_r3142
N.B.: after a few days trial with Clover, I decided not to use it and continue with Chimera 3.0.1 as it was before, but noticed the problems only after a while, so I can't be totally sure that it's related with my trial of Clover but it seems very likely so... ;)
Before trying anything else, repair permissions and rebuild your caches.
You might try then booting with -v -f and then checking those items you know have been affected.

Thanks. :)
Already done that. I've just redone it in a row just like you said, but same thing.
The point is to know if Clover could have written something somewhere, or changed some permission, albeit ran from a USB key?

In that case, the answer is no. Clover does it's job when you boot it and makes no physical changes to your system. If you did not install Clover to your HDD/SSD and you removed the Clover USB, booted with Chimera/Chameleon, repaired permissions and rebuilt all your caches you have removed all influence Clover had on your build. Any problems you have now have nothing to do with Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back