Contribute
Register

Energy Saver missing items

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the time being I will have to run my Comet Lake based hack without CPUFriend and its helper kext as I cannot find the proper lowest frequency under which an Intel Core i9-10850K cpu will still function reliably. A data sheet for this processor seems to indicate 3.6 ghz, which my cpu indeed runs at during light loads, although the frequency seems rather high, for use as the criteria in setting the LFM with the CPUFriendFriend.command script.
I will appreciate if someone experienced with the Core i9-10850K cpu would offer suggestions for me to evaluate.

Greetings Henties

I conducted some more tests with CPUFriend and a, what now seems the correct LFM of 0D, for my cpu, the results being attached.
The Core i9-10850K cpu is performing marginally better without CPUFriend.kext and its associated data provider kext. I will therefore not invest any more time into chasing something which seems unachievable for this cpu series, unless of cause somebody else can convince me otherwise.

Greetings Henties

Edit: I forgot to mention that no change in the graphical output of Intel Power Gadget is noticeable whether CPUFriend is active or not.

Attachments

• Geekbench score with CPUFriend at LFM 1300.png
    Geekbench score with CPUFriend at LFM 1300.png
    320.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Geekbench score without CPUFriend.png
    Geekbench score without CPUFriend.png
    274.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back