Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hallo readers.
I know this is talked about hundrets of times.... But i think i have tried everything... And now i am desperate and not even sure if it is possible to install Mojave on this system. It is my Old system:

I3 550 3,2Ghz
gtx650
dh55 intel board
6 drives (disconnected at the moment)
12 GB ram (4/4-2/2)

In this forum i read that someone (gingin) had success with a very simmilar system with attached efi folder so i used his, but without success.

Can someone please give me a pointer in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• EFI-MOJAVE-USB.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 50
You should provide some more information, make and model of mobo, type of install media etc.
Make sure you are using a USB2 install media and that you have selected legacy install - H55 is not UEFI as far as I know.
Install stopping at End Random Seed can be indicative of memory fix errors. Change the mem fix to OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and remove the others, you may need to try a combination of different mem fix drivers EMUVariableUEFI etc.
You system definition is also crucial, if you get to the install stage and you get 'this version of 10.14 Mojave cannot be installed on this computer' you will either have to change to an SMBIOS that is supported or use -no_compat_check as boot flag.

Hi Big-W
Thanks for your time!
The intel dh55 board is a dh55HC atx size.
I have tried legacy and later uefi. This board should be uefi compatible (bios: UEFI boot= enable) but with the same problems.
I have fidled around with the OsxAptoFixDrv. I will look if that is still the one i use.
I have a USB 3 stick but it is in a USB 2 port. Can that be the problem?!?
What is EMUVariableUEFI? What does it do?
Also, i have tried iMac 16,1 - 14,2. But didn't tried Mac pro 5,1 also should work i heard. I will try -no_compat_check as boot flag.

So if i am correct, the hardware i have should run Mojave?

Thanks a lot so far!!

So if i am correct, the hardware i have should run Mojave?
As far as I know - yes.
I have tried legacy and later uefi. This board should be uefi compatible
See this link;
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/s...boards/H55_P55/DH55HC/DH55HC_TechProdSpec.pdf
There is nothing in it to suggest your motherboard is UEFI compatible, so should be installed legacy.
EMUVariableUEFI? What does it do?
You shouldn't need it booting in legacy mode. It's for UEFI bios.

Thanks Big-W!
So the two thinks i can try are:
-Use USB 2 stick and in legacy mode
- -no_compat_check as boot flag. and meybe sheck OsxAptioFixDrv (i don't have the 64 at the end, but that is correct right?)
I have a litle convidence now :)
I’ve no experience with your board, but give it a try and post back. Include photos of verbose mode of it gets stuck

No luck...
I made a new usb 2 stick - no nvidia drivers injected. It took for ever!
i placed the OsxAptioFixDrv in EFI-EFI-Clover-Drivers
And used the -no_compat_check as boot flag plus nv_disable=1 and -v
It went very slow until the (end random seed) point. could not take a picture so fast it went away.

I managed to take a picture!

DCD72CD2-D314-4050-BC24-6649C44DCAE1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back