Graphics
Intel HD 4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I installed 10.10 on my HP Elitebook 840 w/clover and using the 'HP Probook Installer'. My question is that can I use virtualization on the laptop so I can use Parallels?

Regards

**During my install I did not do any *.aml editing. Copied the exact same 'EFI' folder from my usb to the 'EFI' partition of my target disk. It was a quick install.

I installed 10.10 on my HP Elitebook 840 w/clover and using the 'HP Probook Installer'. My question is that can I use virtualization on the laptop so I can use Parallels?

Regards

**During my install I did not do any *.aml editing. Copied the exact same 'EFI' folder from my usb to the 'EFI' partition of my target disk. It was a quick install.

I did it on 6460B and it works. Just remember to enable virtualization in BIOS BEFORE you install any virtualization software.

In my case virtual Windows 8.1 works slow (I installed it just for Office 2007, but probably I won't use it this way - too slow), but you've got a better model, so maybe it won't be so bad.

Hi,

I have the HP 840 G1 Ultrabook now, and thinking of installing Mavericks - as i see in a post you have already done that, so my question is: can you point me to the correct installation guide for this laptop?
It is running actual windows 7 and I want to do some testing with an external SSD and osx86.
I have some experience with older HP laptops and own an imac too...

thanks,
bigcheese

Hi,

I have the HP 840 G1 Ultrabook now, and thinking of installing Mavericks - as i see in a post you have already done that, so my question is: can you point me to the correct installation guide for this laptop?
It is running actual windows 7 and I want to do some testing with an external SSD and osx86.
I have some experience with older HP laptops and own an imac too...

thanks,
bigcheese

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

If your Win7 is running in legacy/MBR mode, you'll have to move it to UEFI/GPT. The OS X installer can only install to a GPT drive. And even once you have Windows running UEFI on GPT, it can get a little tricky: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

If you want to experiment, it is probably best to install an alternate HDD or SSD in the main bay of the laptop and put your original somewhere safe.

Hi,

Thanks for the link.
Would it be possible to install on a SD Card ?

bye,
bigcheese

hm, is this a limitation of mac os or the laptop?
on an usb stick would work I asume?

thanks

hm, is this a limitation of mac os or the laptop?
on an usb stick would work I asume?

thanks

The issue is lack of drivers for the card reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back