Contribute
Register

Enabling USB ports on Z77x-UP4-TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fokke- My USB issues have been addressed thanks to dcbimmer02, but thanks for the additional info :D. I see your setup is almost the exact same.... did you have any issues when you oc'd your proc to 4.2 gig?

Make sure you have installed chimera 2.2 at your startup disk.
After that install the USB3 kext , rebuild cache and repair permissions with kext wizard

You can set in the bios which hard disk to boot from. With F12, don't choose the UEFI setting.
But there is another one. in bios features; harddrive BBS priorities:
130916061246.jpg
130916061309.jpg

Fokke- My USB issues have been addressed thanks to dcbimmer02, but thanks for the additional info :D. I see your setup is almost the exact same.... did you have any issues when you oc'd your proc to 4.2 gig?

No, i have just set it to 4,2 in the 3D bios. And it just works the same, but a bit faster :)
But i also found there that my RAM was set to 1333MHz instead of 1600. Maybe that was done by default.

Ohhh some things I need to check in additon. Ram frequency settings! Also after digging a little bit, I might need a smaller boot drive... I have a 2TB WD Pro (i'm guessing the new black series) and you can only boot from a disk smaller than 1tb.

"If you don't go with a SSD system drive, choose a 1TB or less hard drive for Chimera/Chameleon to boot from. Also, look for for a boot drive that that uses 512 byte blocks as the Advanced Format 4K drives require workarounds.. The following drive examples have been hand picked to work without issues."

I guess I need to read the fine print and not just buy parts and assume I know all! HAHA

I'm going crazy! I've had to reformat my computer after trying someone elses Multibeast settings to get USB 3 working on my up4 th. Since the reformat, today I;ve tried 3 or 4 different versions of GenericUSB - 1.1.0a4, 1.2.0, 1.2.6d1, 1.2.6d2 and never can i get all usb 3 ports working.

the top two will power a drive but it wont appear in finder of disk utility. the back ones work but i have one drive that doesnt appear at all(mac formatted seagate expansion 2tb - i have two of these the other which is ntfs formatted works fine).

if i have the correct version of the kext what other variables are there? multibeast or bios settings?

I'm going crazy! I've had to reformat my computer after trying someone elses Multibeast settings to get USB 3 working on my up4 th. Since the reformat, today I;ve tried 3 or 4 different versions of GenericUSB - 1.1.0a4, 1.2.0, 1.2.6d1, 1.2.6d2 and never can i get all usb 3 ports working.

the top two will power a drive but it wont appear in finder of disk utility. the back ones work but i have one drive that doesnt appear at all(mac formatted seagate expansion 2tb - i have two of these the other which is ntfs formatted works fine).

if i have the correct version of the kext what other variables are there? multibeast or bios settings?
I am using the same mobo and i7; so relax.. it will work at the end! ;-)

I am using 1.2.7d5 at the moment but the USB3 on Multibeast 5.3.3 is version 2.6 and works too.
Did you rebuild cache and repair permissions after the kext install? I am using KextWizard for installing kexts and it has this option.

There is a legacy USB3 setting in the bios.

yes im using kext wizard as well and always rebuilding the cache and permissions after any removal and install of kexts. ive got the legacy usb3 setting in bios - but ive not tried 1.2.7d5 yet im doing it now - fingerscrosssed!

okay so previously i had all ports working except for the two at the front and now ive got the front two but only the bottom two at the back. however i have got a harddrive working that previously caused KP or was not recognised at all (in usb2).

i had two usb cables connected into two of those 4 at the back that arent working when i changed kexts. the devices either werent connected or had no power to them but could this still be a factor? might reinstall it without any connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back