Contribute
Register

enabling high res Chameleon & boot graphics? (intel hd 3000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77-UD3H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
Hd 7970 + GTX 460
Hi, I'm hoping there is some magic way to get chameleon/chimera to load with higher than 1024x768 on my dell Vostro 3550 (intel hd 3000). Once booted into Lion I have full resolution and it works great... but I do get tired of the ugly squashed apple on boot. It would be nice to have a 1366x768 screen.

I have tried the usual, adding GraphicsMode string in boot.plist, and edting the default theme.plist, but it still doesnt work.

When I select 'video modes' from the dropdown list on the Chameleon GUI, there are a whole bunch of modes, but 80% of them are just 0x0x0, and only the last few are 800x600, 640x480, and 1024x768. Does this mean thats all i can use? maybe mroe can be accessed somehow? Is it a limitation with the video card/laptop bios tables? or is it fixable in Chameleon?

Thanks.

In the chameleon help files it states that these modes are the ones available in the bios, so I guess I'm SOL if there are a bunch of modes that are 0x0x0 in there? should I hit up dell from some more bios's? :) like that will ever happen...

Ramap said:
Hi, I'm hoping there is some magic way to get chameleon/chimera to load with higher than 1024x768 on my dell Vostro 3550 (intel hd 3000). Once booted into Lion I have full resolution and it works great... but I do get tired of the ugly squashed apple on boot. It would be nice to have a 1366x768 screen.

I have tried the usual, adding GraphicsMode string in boot.plist, and edting the default theme.plist, but it still doesnt work.

When I select 'video modes' from the dropdown list on the Chameleon GUI, there are a whole bunch of modes, but 80% of them are just 0x0x0, and only the last few are 800x600, 640x480, and 1024x768. Does this mean thats all i can use? maybe mroe can be accessed somehow? Is it a limitation with the video card/laptop bios tables? or is it fixable in Chameleon?

Thanks.

You could set

<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>No</string>

in your org.chameleon.boot.plist to get the better looking apple logo, but thats about it...

Actually It SHOULD be more simple than you think!!! in multibeast under system definitions choose MACBOOK PRO 8,1 :) that's how it got recognised with full QE/CI on our machine

yeah i have 8,1 and full resolution once I'm inside the Lion GUI... but its the boot prompt I would like to change. Any bios modders out there want to have a go? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back