Contribute
Register

Enabling HD4000 VGA output? (Possible with HD3000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8P67-LE
CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
GTX 550TI
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I know that standard Apple products do not provide VGA outputs, only HDMI and thunderbolt (but lets not concentrate on thunderbolt here). However I use my laptop frequently at University and the VGA port is free to plug in my screen - so i'm hoping to enable the VGA output, without disabling any HDMI video.

A little research showed this has been achieved with HD3000 graphics by a user on these forums, 'pipp0xo'. There has been two guides based on his findings:

1. [Success] VGA port fix for HD 3000 - his own here
  2. Success enable VGA HDMI video Intel HD 3000 - guide based on original findings (this one seems quite concise and straight forward)

Without writing this off straight away, is it possible for similar results to be produced with HD4000?

I know that standard Apple products do not provide VGA outputs, only HDMI and thunderbolt (but lets not concentrate on thunderbolt here). However I use my laptop frequently at University and the VGA port is free to plug in my screen - so i'm hoping to enable the VGA output, without disabling any HDMI video.
See Official HD 4000 Support - Page 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back