Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just got my reference GTX 670 in the mail this morning and I want to know what I should do to prepare my existing Mountain Lion install for the upgrade. Right now I am running from an Intel HD 3000 and everything works as expected. The only problem is that Apple doesn't support VGA so I can't use my second monitor is OS X.

After installing my 670 will I be able to use my second VGA monitor using the included adapter? I can boot windows just fine with this card but I removed it before booting into OS X.

Any help would be appreciated. I would like to be able to boot into either operating system without having to remove the card each time. I guess I should add that I installed the Enabler for 6xx cards in Multibeast and I get a black screen on boot. I am assuming there is a kext for mountain lion somewhere that I have not found yet.

can someone link me to a tutorial for enabling the 670?
thanks

Just got my reference GTX 670 in the mail this morning and I want to know what I should do to prepare my existing Mountain Lion install for the upgrade. Right now I am running from an Intel HD 3000 and everything works as expected. The only problem is that Apple doesn't support VGA so I can't use my second monitor is OS X.

After installing my 670 will I be able to use my second VGA monitor using the included adapter? I can boot windows just fine with this card but I removed it before booting into OS X.

Any help would be appreciated. I would like to be able to boot into either operating system without having to remove the card each time. I guess I should add that I installed the Enabler for 6xx cards in Multibeast and I get a black screen on boot. I am assuming there is a kext for mountain lion somewhere that I have not found yet.

can someone link me to a tutorial for enabling the 670?
thanks
Once you have OS X installed(mountain lion), you will boot with -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 as the boot flags. Once you are in osx you will then run multi beast 5.xxx. You will choose userdsdt, you will choose GraphicsEnabler=No, under drivers(Graphicx) you will choose support for Fermi cards > 2gb, and also support for 670,680. etc. If you have a DSDT.aml file, make sure it is located on your desktop. And choose any other kext you might need for your related motherboard and hardware., Install and reboot with the -v command. You should get to your desktop from here, After you make sure everything is working correctly, sleep,wake,etc. If you want to get open CL working, you will have to patch core graphics framework file. Search for instructions on how to do this, it will require a simple(very) hex edit. I have the EVGA GTX 670 4gb. SC version, and cannot be happier with its compatibility with OSX mountain lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back