Register

Enabling Bluetooth for P8P67 * boards and BT-211

Status
Not open for further replies.
trust usb 17772 ..atheros 3011... works ...just fine.thanks... :headbang:

Attachments

• 1.tiff
    97.3 KB · Views: 312
Just ran that command, did a cold reboot and my Asus BT211 is working great. Thanks for the efforts put into this! Thought it was going to be a long haul to get this working.

edit — Cheered too soon. As in Windows, my Magic Mouse stops responding for about a minute. It doesn't disconnect though. Sometimes it starts working again when I click and swipe and whatever, sometimes not. Thought I had read something about it here? Discovery?

Quagh said:
edit — Cheered too soon. As in Windows, my Magic Mouse stops responding for about a minute. It doesn't disconnect though. Sometimes it starts working again when I click and swipe and whatever, sometimes not. Thought I had read something about it here? Discovery?

The very first line of this thread says "Apple Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad are NOT WORKING" :)
There's no fix, and nobody is working on it. So I'd recommend buying a compatible dongle. This fix only works for things like keyboards, phones/headphones, but not for all people, unfortunately.

So, if I understood correctly, if you cold-boot into Windows, you have the same problems?

Yep, same issues. So any dongle that works out of the box with no problems whatsoever? Read the wiki but all of them seem to be having issues.

Quagh said:
Yep, same issues.

Ok, now at least I know it's Atheros+Magic Mouse problems, but not that I missed some usb setup code)

So any dongle that works out of the box with no problems whatsoever? Read the wiki but all of them seem to be having issues.

Read the topic head, Luke! :)

Ok, I dug my way through the WHOLE topic. Tried V2, not working. So all that's left is buying the Rocketfish bluetooth dongle? They probably don't have that here and waiting for it to arrive from abroad could take weeks :/ Crap.

drcrack said:
Quagh said:

The very first line of this thread says "Apple Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad are NOT WORKING" :)
There's no fix, and nobody is working on it. So I'd recommend buying a compatible dongle. This fix only works for things like keyboards, phones/headphones, but not for all people, unfortunately.

So, if I understood correctly, if you cold-boot into Windows, you have the same problems?

Oh, I thought I posted the line in that post. I did buy a Rocketfish dongle that is supposed to be compatible, but the mouse won't connect.

hawkm said:
Oh, I thought I posted the line in that post. I did buy a Rocketfish dongle that is supposed to be compatible, but the mouse won't connect.

I personally use a the dongle recommended in the topic head without any problems. Did you disable your built-in bluetooth in bios?

So it appears they don't sell the Rocketfish in Europe, which makes me wonder which one to buy then? I found the Belkin BT120 in a local store, but it seems it doesn't work with the Magic Mouse. And I can't return it if it doesn't work.

So you get your Hackintosh working almost completely, but then there's this tiny bluetooth dongle that prohibits you from using your cool Magic Mouse... :p

Quagh said:
So it appears they don't sell the Rocketfish in Europe, which makes me wonder which one to buy then? I found the Belkin BT120 in a local store, but it seems it doesn't work with the Magic Mouse. And I can't return it if it doesn't work.

So you get your Hackintosh working almost completely, but then there's this tiny bluetooth dongle that prohibits you from using your cool Magic Mouse... :p
You can buy them off of Ebay most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back