drcrack said:
If you really need that, you may do it like

Code:
devh= libusb_open_with_vid_pid(NULL,0x0CF3,0x3005);
if (devh < 0) 
  libusb_open_with_vid_pid(NULL,0x03F0,0x311D);

thanks, that does it.

blueking said:
What are you all using to compile all of this?

prerequisite:
free Xcode from app store installed
latest http://www.macports.org/ release

and then install libsub-1.0
sudo port install libusb

Wait are you saying you have the bluetooth loading for the 4530s now? I'd love it if so.

blueking said:
Wait are you saying you have the bluetooth loading for the 4530s now? I'd love it if so.
It's a hit and miss at this moment.
I'll post more details and questions in our main thread.

@drcrack

I ended up using patched version of your loader as I couldn't pass linking it statically.
I found the most responses on dreamincode.net and tried almost everything on my level of programming.
How were you able to make it distributable?

Do you remember how kernel loads modules and services on your motheboard? Seems that on our laptop HP4530s BT comes alive before loader has a chance to upload the firmware.
Edited logs for reference

Sep 8 13:54:02 localhost bootlog[0]: BOOT_TIME 1315504442 0
Sep 8 13:54:13 localhost kernel[0]: Got boot device =@0IOGUIDPartitionScheme/LionOSX
Sep 8 13:54:13 localhost kernel[0]: [ Bluetooth warning: An HCI Req timeout occurred.
Sep 8 13:54:13 localhost kernel[0]: Send request failed (err = 0x0010 (kBluetoothHCIErrorHostTimeout))
Sep 8 13:54:26 localhost loginwindow[48]: Login Window Application Started
Sep 8 13:54:27 localhost mds[45]: (Normal) FMW: FMW 0 0
Sep 8 13:54:28 localhost local.ath3k-firmware-uploader[33]: Unable to claim interface
Sep 8 13:54:28 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (local.ath3k-firmware-uploader[33]): Exited with code: 1
Sep 8 13:54:29 localhost airportd[88]: _processDLILEvent: en0 attached (down)

BigDonkey said:
@drcrack

I ended up using patched version of your loader as I couldn't pass linking it statically.
I found the most responses on dreamincode.net and tried almost everything on my level of programming.
How were you able to make it distributable?

I remember doing some custom hack, like recompiling libusb statically itself, or even removing its .so. If you end up with a working tool, I will try to compile it for you.

Do you remember how kernel loads modules and services on your motheboard? Seems that on our laptop HP4530s BT comes alive before loader has a chance to upload the firmware.
Edited logs for reference

Sep 8 13:54:02 localhost bootlog[0]: BOOT_TIME 1315504442 0
Sep 8 13:54:13 localhost kernel[0]: Got boot device =@0IOGUIDPartitionScheme/LionOSX
Sep 8 13:54:13 localhost kernel[0]: [ Bluetooth warning: An HCI Req timeout occurred.
Sep 8 13:54:13 localhost kernel[0]: Send request failed (err = 0x0010 (kBluetoothHCIErrorHostTimeout))
Sep 8 13:54:26 localhost loginwindow[48]: Login Window Application Started
Sep 8 13:54:27 localhost mds[45]: (Normal) FMW: FMW 0 0
Sep 8 13:54:28 localhost local.ath3k-firmware-uploader[33]: Unable to claim interface
Sep 8 13:54:28 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (local.ath3k-firmware-uploader[33]): Exited with code: 1
Sep 8 13:54:29 localhost airportd[88]: _processDLILEvent: en0 attached (down)

For my BT the order doesn't matter, I can run it in Terminal even after boot-up is completely finished. You may try to see with ioreg whether BT is claimed with some kernel extension and then do kextunload on it. Also you may try to ignore result from claim_interface and see whether it can work without it...

If above doesn't help, can you try to install Windows XP in VMWare Fusion (or similar virtualization software), set up your bluetooth USB device as passthrough and initialize it form within VM, and then release back to Mac OS? If this works, we have a hope)

I can confirm Magic Mouse & AR3011 (P7p68) don't work properly:

Magic mouse lose connection when tapping 3 touches. I guess it's a bandwidth issue or even a channel problem. Tested on SL 10.6.8 & Lion 10.7.1.

I solved with a ISSC bluetooth dongle.

I too have an Atheros AR9002WB-1N wifi/bluetooth combo card (http://www.atheros.com/media/product/pr ... _file1.pdf) which Combines AR9285 single-chip 1-stream 11n and AR3011 single-chip Bluetooth solutions on a single card, however it doesn't work with either of the versions posted here (mainly due to the wrong vendor id or something?) This card has a ven/dev id of 0930:0215

Is there any way to make it work using a similar method as this but specifically for this card? Is there a firmware uploader tool for the AR9002WB-1N (AR3011) card that would work for this device/vendor id? This is specifically a Toshiba L750 laptop.

Thanks!

I dont know how to install firmware on windows tried with run with terminal cmd cant install does files with it. Must be doing something wrong can anyone help me`? I have windows 7 64 bit

Lyyk said:
I dont know how to install firmware on windows tried with run with terminal cmd cant install does files with it. Must be doing something wrong can anyone help me`? I have windows 7 64 bit

This firmware uploader is not intended for windows, there's no way to use it under windows. You can use official drivers provided by your hardware vendor.

Installed the drivers but it cant find any device :S whats the prob then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back