i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have honestly tried to rtfm, yet the graphic threads are many 100's of pages long of new concepts that im struggling to make sense of, so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to enabling all of the ports on my RX560.

I have latest whatevergreen and lilu

I jumped in and bought the card some months ago after my gtx 660 suffered the death of many glitches, and had seen many reports of OOB with this card and looked no further.....Yet to date have never had a working screen (except during post) from it's DVI port, so to run my old Harzro monitor Iv'e hooked up my old AMD6xxx.....

to make sure the system registers the rx560 as the main GPU I have to make sure the monitors have the menu bar set to one of the smaller monitors

it's not mission critical yet it's work around and clunky.

I would like to both fix it and as importantly understand the process..

ta

ioreg file included

Attachments

• cell ioreg.ioreg
    16.1 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Research points me towards wanting the acre framebuffers for this card yet as far as I can see I have radeonframebuffers loaded.........

remove WG and put in nVidiaGraphicFixup (yes, it's not for NVIDIA only) and see if all ports are active. Of course keep Lilu in there as well.

remove WG and put in nVidiaGraphicFixup (yes, it's not for NVIDIA only) and see if all ports are active. Of course keep Lilu in there as well.
Latest WEG now integrates the functionalities of IntelGraphicsFixup, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, and Shiki within the kext.

yup..... running latest WEG yet still.. no dvi port after post and clover..

So I have finally got Mojave working on this vintage build, yet my work around for having no rx560 DVI port working of using a much older ATI graphics card along with the 560.... yet Mojave won't recognise it, so im still without my main monitor....
helps please

So I have finally got Mojave working on this vintage build, yet my work around for having no rx560 DVI port working of using a much older ATI graphics card along with the 560.... yet Mojave won't recognize it, so im still without my main monitor....
helps please

I found myself that when using Sierra (with Lilu and WhateverGreen) with my Sapphire RX 580 using the DVI port to my monitor's DVI input, when booting Sierra the screen sometimes (not always) failed to initialize correctly and gave me a full screen of "snowflakes", while in High Sierra there were no such problems.

It happened often enough to become irritating, as I normally used Sierra myself. So eventually I got a HDMI to DVI adapter ( something like this ) to plug into one of the HDMI ports and then connect to the DVI cable, and since then the issue seemed to have mostly disappeared.

It would seem to me that using "old" outputs like DVI on a new graphics card like the RX 5xx may have problems, but "new" outputs like DisplayPort and HDMI work. I also have a Sapphire RX 560 Pulse 4GB that I used for a while on my X99 build using DisplayPort, and there were no problems then.

I am not sure if this is correct, and I am not sure if your issue is related, just quoting my experience.

I found myself that when using Sierra (with Lilu and WhateverGreen) with my Sapphire RX 580 using the DVI port to my monitor's DVI input, when booting Sierra the screen sometimes (not always) failed to initialize correctly and gave me a full screen of "snowflakes", while in High Sierra there were no such problems.

It happened often enough to become irritating, as I normally used Sierra myself. So eventually I got a HDMI to DVI adapter ( something like this ) to plug into one of the HDMI ports and then connect to the DVI cable, and since then the issue seemed to have mostly disappeared.

It would seem to me that using "old" outputs like DVI on a new graphics card like the RX 5xx may have problems, but "new" outputs like DisplayPort and HDMI work. I also have a Sapphire RX 560 Pulse 4GB that I used for a while on my X99 build using DisplayPort, and there were no problems then.

I am not sure if this is correct, and I am not sure if your issue is related, just quoting my experience.
Interesting thanks, yet I believe I would need an active adaptor for my hazro due to it's resolution and single DVI-D interface, plus as im sure this is software fixable and it kind of goes against the hack grain to spend my way out of it....
(tho I shall try again with adaptors I have).. ta

I have the same motherboard and MSI Gaming Radeon RX 560. On first boot DVI doesn't work, screen has signal but is black. So I use the HDMI to DVI converter, log in, then put the computer to sleep. Then I remove the HDMI converter, put the DVI connector back, wake it up and it works.
Looks like the card is initialized differently after waking from sleep than the first boot. I don't seem to figure out the difference.
I don't use WhateverGreen or any other any other injection mechanisms.

@waipeinan Could you try this and tell me how it goes?

I have the same motherboard and MSI Gaming Radeon RX 560. On first boot DVI doesn't work, screen has signal but is black. So I use the HDMI to DVI converter, log in, then put the computer to sleep. Then I remove the HDMI converter, put the DVI connector back, wake it up and it works.
Looks like the card is initialized differently after waking from sleep than the first boot. I don't seem to figure out the difference.
I don't use WhateverGreen or any other any other injection mechanisms.

@waipeinan Could you try this and tell me how it goes?

I shall give this a go although im not sure this machine actually sleeps anymore, let alone wakes up... hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back