Nvidia GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I'm trying to enable airplay on a Z97 board with an Intel HD 4600 and a GTX 760 as primary. I'm running into a few issues. In Clover I've specified:

<key>FakeID</key>
<dict>
<key>IntelGFX</key>
<string>0x0</string>

and

<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0d220003</string>

I've tried other ig-platform-id's that I've found throughout the threads here and this is the only combination I can get to load a KEXT.

The result is that graphics are correctly loaded in the system profiler:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4600
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0412
Revision ID: 0x0006

However, if I plug in any display to the integrated slot it the output is completely garbled and will eventually crash the system. Furthermore, the AirPlay icon does not appear on the menu bar, making me suspicious that the kext has not loaded correctly. I've applied the frame buffer edits toleda posted as well.

Any thoughts on how to get AirPlay working and get rid of the garbled graphics upon plugging anything into the integrated graphics?

Thanks!

I'm trying to enable airplay on a Z97 board with an Intel HD 4600 and a GTX 760 as primary.
You cannot use HD4600 graphics if Nvidia is set to primary. For both Nvidia and HD4600 graphics, IGFX must be primary.

You cannot use HD4600 graphics if Nvidia is set to primary. For both Nvidia and HD4600 graphics, IGFX must be primary.

Thanks toleda! That fixed everything–– I'd really like to see the BIOS when starting up over my Nvidia card, any way to do this? Anyways, glad it's working!

Another issue that I'm seeing is that if I try to play a protected iTunes movie with IGFX enabled the computer completely freezes. If I try to play an iTunes protected movie with only a Nvidia GTX 760 enabled the movie output is just a black screen. Any thoughts on these issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back