Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
Graphics
RTX 2080 Ti + Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
So as of Catalina beta 6, I'm unable to enable my 9900k iGPU in headless mode using SMBIOS iMac19,1 using the info listed in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/

I've tried so many permutations but all of them result in a kernel panic consistently.

Firstly, because I have a Gigabyte Z390 Designare board, I either need to use `OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi` or set the iGPU memory settings in half (i.e. stock is 64mb, make it 32mb, etc.) in conjunction with any other memory fix efi. Without setting the iGPU memory in half, nothing will boot past the allocating runtime area part of clover.

Specs I've got:
i9 9900k
Designare Z390 Motherboard
Vega 64 GPU

Here's the kernel panic that occurs. I get kernel panics whether I use FakeSMC or VirtualSMC, and they only happen when the iGPU is enabled from the bios. I was able to boot actually by using the InjectIntel stuff from Clover and by removing WhateverGreen, but macOS will then boot to a black screen.

Things I've tried:
- iMac19,1 Setting up iGPU in headless mode using device properties + WhateverGreen ➡️ Kernel Panic
- iMac19,1 Swapping FakeSMC for VirtualSMC ➡️ Kernel Panic
- iMac19,1 Setting up iGPU in headless mode using InjectIntel props in Clover + Rename GFX0 to IGPU, deleting WhateverGreen ➡️ Black Screen on boot (but I can still VNC in)

Has anyone been having anything similar? I can't tell if it's a Catalina bug, a WhateverGreen bug, or what.

Sidenote: I have a perfectly running system using iMacPro1,1 as my SMBIOS configured to not use the iGPU (h264, HEVC works), but with this setup it's impossible to enable sidecar.

Attachments

• IMG_8186.jpg
    IMG_8186.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 88
When I have the IGPU enabled on my system no kernel panics
monitor connected to RX 580

Turns out I'm dumb and had a rogue DSDT.aml that wasn't relevant for my machine. I have no idea how it worked before, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only DSDT I use are USB patches for Z390 AORUS Pro per Blouse guide for Mojave

I suspect they should work for your board

yeah, I had some random DSDT that wasn't related to my system at all there

I have a more wired issue, it'll be panic if I connect monitor with HDMI cable to IGPU port, but everything is fine when connect to DGPU, I did change nothing in configuration.

yeah, I had some random DSDT that wasn't related to my system at all there
I‘m trying to get my igpu to work since 2 weeks now with no success, i have exactly the same hardware as you! Would you mind sharing your EFI folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back