i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys.

I have my Mountain Lion installing right now on my Elitebook 8740w. Ive tested the install a few times. Runs pretty quick off my thumb drive. Ive always wondered tho. When I run the thumbdrive installer which is basically the normal apple installer run from I assume a universal Chimera, why does the keyboard and trackpad work with no issues at this point? Because my problem is after the reboot, I get a great looking mostly working version of Mountain Lion but no USB and keyboard/trackpad.

Its not a problem working the after install multibeast as I have created many of these apple hacktops, but I wonder what the installer/chimera has already that I can copy to at least get that part of the install out of the way to get me up and running quickly. Lucky I have a docking station that takes care of the USB issue because my keyboard and mouse plugged into the dock works fine.

Other than that, Mountain Lion installs easy. No video driver issues. Only thing to enable is sound/usb/keyboard/trackpad.

Hi I have this exact same Elitebook. Did you ever get the USB & keyboard/trackpad issues fixed in Mountain Lion? If so, how and can you point me to any necessary files for such fixes.

Thanks. :)

Hi I have this exact same Elitebook. Did you ever get the USB & keyboard/trackpad issues fixed in Mountain Lion? If so, how and can you point me to any necessary files for such fixes.

Thanks. :)

I used the following to fix my Trackpad issue.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...740w-sleep-wake-not-working-2.html#post638978

I used this DSDT to correct the other issues except for sound.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ntain-lion-hp-elitebook-8740w.html#post473574

The one main thing that i am lacking is the sound. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back