GeForce 9800 GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

Is there a way to enable DVI output from the EVGA Nvidia Geforce GT?

I'm currently running 10.7.2 with no issues.. it's just I only get output from the VGA and would really like to have the DVI port working as well.

My setup:

Gigabyte GA-Z68M-D2H
Intel i3 2100 3.10Ghz
8 GB RAM
EVGA Nvidia Geforce 9800GT

Hi,

Anyone have any info about this?

Does this occur only in 10.7.2 coz I have the same problem and I have tried almost every possible way to enable my card and I'm still stuck to using VGA.

The solution here didn't work for me but you may want to try this:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=36056

Might want to try this method, but it requires SL to extract the proper NVDANV*Hal.kext to be installed into your Lion later.

@__Jet__ .. yes 10.7.2

Thanks to you and TUFF Stough for the links... I'll try them and let you know how it goes

I have the same card (1GB version) and have no issues with the DVI output. What methods have you tried? I have my DSDT edited and no graphics enabler in the boot loader.

Have you tried a custom DSDT?

Works great in Snow Leopard. In Lion, I am still ironing out the kinks, and am unsure if this card is conflicting with sleep.

yossarian said:
I have the same card (1GB version) and have no issues with the DVI output. What methods have you tried? I have my DSDT edited and no graphics enabler in the boot loader.

Have you tried a custom DSDT?

Works great in Snow Leopard. In Lion, I am still ironing out the kinks, and am unsure if this card is conflicting with sleep.

Hi yossarian,

I haven't tried anything special to be honest (in Lion, don't have SL)... I'm using the stock DSDT for my board from this site, nor have I set GraphicsEnabler=no in the boot loader.

I'm not sure how to even edit the DSDT or what to edit.

Do you have any pointers / steps?

sizzla755 said:
Do you have any pointers / steps?

I highly recommend looking into a guide on how to edit your DSDT to include your graphics card information. It's been so long since I edited mine that I can't remember what guide I used. Search this site, I'm sure you'll find one.

The one important thing to know is that when I upgraded to Lion, I got a black screen. To fix this, you need to make an additional DSDT edit in the graphics section.

Replace:

"device_type"
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"NVDA,Geforce"
}

with:

"device_type"
Buffer (0x0C)
{
"NVDA,Parent"
}

(I found that code here: viewtopic.php?t=36056&p=227136).

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back