Graphics
EVGA GTX 960 4GB FTW ACX 2.0+
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My most recent Hackintosh has been an HP Elitebook 8570w. Using PBI, Clover, and a retail copy of El Capitan 10.11.3 downloaded directly from the app store, pretty much everything is working aside from the Nvidia Quadro K1000M graphics, and sleep. Unfortunately, after reinstalling multiple different copies of the Nvidia web drivers and using multiple bootflags, I've still been unsuccessful in getting the system to properly recognize my card. When I install the web drivers, the system will boot to a black screen, and without the drivers, the system will boot as normal, but without any sort of graphics acceleration. Any help as to solving this matter would be greatly appreciated!

My most recent Hackintosh has been an HP Elitebook 8570w. Using PBI, Clover, and a retail copy of El Capitan 10.11.3 downloaded directly from the app store, pretty much everything is working aside from the Nvidia Quadro K1000M graphics, and sleep. Unfortunately, after reinstalling multiple different copies of the Nvidia web drivers and using multiple bootflags, I've still been unsuccessful in getting the system to properly recognize my card. When I install the web drivers, the system will boot to a black screen, and without the drivers, the system will boot as normal, but without any sort of graphics acceleration. Any help as to solving this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Try injecting EDID.

See Clover wiki re: InjectEDID and CustomEDID.

Try injecting EDID.

See Clover wiki re: InjectEDID and CustomEDID.

Rehabman,
Thank you for your reply!

So after trying to inject EDID after many unsuccessful attempts, I finally did a clean reinstallation without PBI graphics kexts and the GPU is now working! The only problems I have is that sleep is not working properly, and I cannot adjust the backlight, which is very annoying and also results in poor battery life.

//Eren Semonik

Rehabman,
Thank you for your reply!

So after trying to inject EDID after many unsuccessful attempts, I finally did a clean reinstallation without PBI graphics kexts and the GPU is now working! The only problems I have is that sleep is not working properly, and I cannot adjust the backlight, which is very annoying and also results in poor battery life.

//Eren Semonik

What is "PBI graphics kexts"?

Also... what hardware??

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

What is "PBI graphics kexts"?

Also... what hardware??

RehabMan,
I apologize for not including sufficient information. My bad! Please let me know if there's anything else you need.

And PBI Graphics kexts are the kexts that the Probook Installer contains to fix certain Intel graphics issues, which were conflicting with my GPU.

RehabMan,
I apologize for not including sufficient information. My bad! Please let me know if there's anything else you need.

And PBI Graphics kexts are the kexts that the Probook Installer contains to fix certain Intel graphics issues, which were conflicting with my GPU.

I don't think PBI installs any kexts for Nvidia graphics.

There are patches available in the forum. Try patching dsdt hope you will get them. I got the same issues, I fix them by patching dsdt.

My k1000m is not normal, directly fitted to the plist, display is normal. , Driver loading, a black screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back