CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I finally managed to install Ventura on my HP Elitebook 850 G5 - i7 8650U - Intel UHD 620 - 32 GB RAM - 1TB M2 NVMe Samsung 970 Evo Pro.

Everything works fine on stock notebook, beside some components
Hibernation, Sleep, Keyboard backlight, Fn-Key, Stock Intel Wifi, HDMI Out, USB C Dock, NVMe, Audio Jack, everything works fine besides Camera and Bluetooth.

Camera is not working due to Windows Hello compatiblity (IR Camera + HD Camera) and the driver cannot initialize correctly the camera, though it is recognized correctly as HP HD Camera. I think after having done some deeper research here, nothing I can do without having to rewrite the driver for that...

Bluetooth is more of a concern, as many on 840 G5 and G6 are reporting that this should work.

I checked many things prior to posting my issue here.

1. Using latest OpenCore 0.9.3 along with latest AirportItlwm.kext + IntelBTPatcher.kext + IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext + BlueToolFixup.kext
2. Changed several MacBookPro Identifier in SMBIOS (14,1 15,1,2,3,4) - see attached config.plist

What is really strange that depending on the combination I use I end up sometimes in a Crash of bluetoothd (seen in Console - attached the crashreport log)
Also strange is that Bluetooth in Systeminformation is shown as BCM_4320C2 though on USB Devices it is listed as Intel Bluetooth Host Controller (ManId 0x8087 DevId 0x0a2b)
Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-21 um 22.17.30.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-21 um 22.17.59.png

would be really great if somebody could help me out here, solving this issue.

Thanks for helping

Attachments

• config.plist
    66.9 KB · Views: 29
  • crashreport-bluetoothd.txt
    17.2 KB · Views: 19
The Intel Bluetooth is showing as Broadcom because you have to use the BlueToolFixup.kext, which was created for Broadcom BT modules, when running macOS Monterey or newer. So a Broadcom BT firmware is reported in the OS, not one from an Intel BT module.

You currently have the three Bluetooth kexts in this order.

Screenshot 2023-07-29 at 21.47.16.png Bluetooth kext order in your config

Have you tried reordering the kexts so BlueToolFixup.kext is loaded first?

Screenshot 2023-07-29 at 21.48.39.png BlueToolFixup.kext first of the three BT kexts.

You might also want to have a look at the following in your config.plist:
  1. Multiple unused ACPI patches related to battery renames, should be deleted.
  2. You are using a framebuffer for a Kaby Lake IGPU, when you have a Coffee Lake IGPU. Why?
  3. Does your Coffee Lake CPU require CPUFriend and CPUFriendData kexts? I've never needed it with any CFL system I worked on.

Thanks for your answer @Edhawk !

I changed the order and activated the modules according your post. I also removed the unused ACPI Patches and deactivated CPUFriend/CPUFriendData - still need to check the framebuffer stuff but I think this was related to dual monitor support. This shouldn't be related to the bluetooth issue though...

So after booting the attached modified configuration the issue still exists. I also attached the bluetoothd crashlog, though the Termination reason is the same: Namespace LIBSYSTEM, Code 2 Application Triggered Fault

To be honest I don't think this should be a Broadcom module:

It is an Intel 8265NGW

What do you think?

Attachments

• bluetoothd_crash.txt
    28.3 KB · Views: 16
  • config.plist
    58.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
BlueToolFixup.kext ‘Fakes’ your Intel BT module as a Broadcom module so it works in macOS.

I assume you have a USBPorts.kext for your laptop that includes the BT module‘s port and it is set correctly with an ’internal’ (255) connector type.

Fixed it :)

Found another post in an other forum describing exactly what to do to fix this issue:

Navigate to the NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 section in config.plist file and add:

Key Type Value
bluetoothInternalControllerInfo Data 0000000000000000000000000000
bluetoothExternalDongleFailed Data 00

2. Update BlueToolFixup from BrcmPatchRAM 2.6.7 from here https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/releases/tag/2.6.7

3. Reboot. (You may Reset NVRAM and then boot again normally)

Back