Motherboard
I still didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've spent the day on this and can't get any further...

Fresh copy of El Capitan 10.11.1 (loaded onto a Probook 4540s without issue)
Latest versions of PBI and Clover.

Intel i7-3667u
4GB ram
Latest bios

I can install with the 1366x786 ivybridge plist but It results in the P-Stepper error when booting from the hard drive install.
Install works with the 1366x786 ivybridge P-Stepper error plist (touchpad seems better behaved too) but I can't boot from hard drive without this result...

panic.jpg

Booting from USB first then selecting the installation boots OK.

I have pressed F4 at the clover screen and installed the 2X70 options from PBI, fixed permissions and rebuilt caches several times without result.

I don't have sound either (no devices found).

I still have the Intel wifi card installed, a compatible one is on order.

Can anyone assist please?

Regards, Pete

Full specs here...
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03406231

Correction 2170p not "s", can't edit the title?

I've spent the day on this and can't get any further...

Fresh copy of El Capitan 10.11.1 (loaded onto a Probook 4540s without issue)
Latest versions of PBI and Clover.

Intel i7-3667u
4GB ram
Latest bios

I can install with the 1366x786 ivybridge plist but It results in the P-Stepper error when booting from the hard drive install.
Install works with the 1366x786 ivybridge P-Stepper error plist (touchpad seems better behaved too) but I can't boot from hard drive without this result...

View attachment 160337

Booting from USB first then selecting the installation boots OK.

I have pressed F4 at the clover screen and installed the 2X70 options from PBI, fixed permissions and rebuilt caches several times without result.

I don't have sound either (no devices found).

I still have the Intel wifi card installed, a compatible one is on order.

Can anyone assist please?

Regards, Pete

Full specs here...
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03406231

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Update...

If I copy the plist from the USB clover partition I can boot from HD. If I fix drive permissions and rebuild caches however, I loose the ability to boot. Still no sound devices detected, trackpad works but only to slow fingers movements.

Pete

Attached hopefully...

I'm pretty sure the 2710p requires -xcpm in config.plist/Boot/Arguments and config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm=true.

I don't think you're using the correct options in PBI-CE.

I used the 2x70 options in PBI, but I did find an old set of posts specific to this model, there seemed to have been issues that were not resolved?

Anyway... Out of desperation I swapped the drive from the 4540s with Yosemite (don't ask), result, it boots fine! lol :crazy:

I still don't have sound but I've got a wifi card in it and that's working too. I've been able to repair permissions and caches, it seems to be fine apart from sound and the trackpad is a still a bit "iffy" in that up and down seems much faster than horizontal movement.

One other issue I've noticed with this 2170p is that whichever hard drive is in it, the clover countdown never appears as it does on the USB installer?

Bottom line, no sound and "iffy" but usable touchpad.

Any suggestions re PBI use or whatever, well received.

Pete

I used the 2x70 options in PBI, but I did find an old set of posts specific to this model, there seemed to have been issues that were not resolved?

Anyway... Out of desperation I swapped the drive from the 4540s with Yosemite (don't ask), result, it boots fine! lol :crazy:

I still don't have sound but I've got a wifi card in it and that's working too. I've been able to repair permissions and caches, it seems to be fine apart from sound and the trackpad is a still a bit "iffy" in that up and down seems much faster than horizontal movement.

I'm not certain if the audio chip on 4x40s is the same as 2x70p. Probably not...

As far as faster vertical movement vs. horizontal. Known issue...

One other issue I've noticed with this 2170p is that whichever hard drive is in it, the clover countdown never appears as it does on the USB installer?

Clover configuration option. Read the Clover wiki.

Use PBI-CE with the appropriate options for your hardware.

I thought I'd done that by using 2x70 6x70 8x70 options in PBI?

Hardware....

Attachments

• DPCIManager.jpg
    DPCIManager.jpg
    999.5 KB · Views: 115
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back