Motherboard
Matebook 13 Eu
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've bought a matebook 13 and I've seen on a Chinese forum that a guy has successfully installed Mojave on this laptop with only wifi and touchpad issue. For the wifi I know that the problem is the Intel card(that can be replaced)

The real problem is the elan touchpad ELAN962C:00 04F3:30D0, it's possible to get working with a vodoo kext update in the future or is definitely incompatible?

I've bought a matebook 13 and I've seen on a Chinese forum that a guy has successfully installed Mojave on this laptop with only wifi and touchpad issue. For the wifi I know that the problem is the Intel card(that can be replaced)

The real problem is the elan touchpad ELAN962C:00 04F3:30D0, it's possible to get working with a vodoo kext update in the future or is definitely incompatible?
@ben9923 is god king of I2C, he may have an answer for you :)

Please attach a troubleshooting archive made with gen_debug.sh, for analysis :)

Generally speaking, if you haven't installed macOS yet - every I2C trackpad should work. If it is indeed an I2C device, I assume it would work, probably after some ACPI patching.

You can find an ACPI path via Windows Device Manager, see an example screenshot here ('BIOS Device Name'):
Notice some machines might have different trackpads changed between hardware revisions/geographical areas. You can get the device name in Device Manager too.

Last edited:
Wifi wont work even with a WIFI card swap, the Matebook's BIOS does not support non-intel WIFI cards (tried with a broadcom card that works on my Razer Blade 15). An Edimax wifi dongle works though. I think if someone figures out how to unlock the matebook 14 bios there is a potential for a different wifi card to work. You will also need to swap out the Samsung SSD it comes with.

I'm not sure if the matebook 13 will work at least by following the GPIO pinning instructions on the VoodooI2c site. I was able to install Mojave on mine (i5 version) but I had to install Mojave into an SSD via an external enclosure because even if I can boot into the installer it wouldn't complete (couldn't validate installer error). I followed all the instructions on the voodooI2C site and got to the point where I had to do trial and error on a GPIO point that works problem is after DSDT patching I would get a KP if I try installing the kext to L/E. I have given up for now.

I have given up on this for now and will wait for someone else to figure the trackpad out. It's a shame because it's the perfect macbook Apple doesn't make (awesome keyboard) but even if you don't mind using a wifi dongle not having trackpad support sucks.

Wifi wont work even with a WIFI card swap, the Matebook's BIOS does not support non-intel WIFI cards (tried with a broadcom card that works on my Razer Blade 15). An Edimax wifi dongle works though. I think if someone figures out how to unlock the matebook 14 bios there is a potential for a different wifi card to work. You will also need to swap out the Samsung SSD it comes with.

I'm not sure if the matebook 13 will work at least by following the GPIO pinning instructions on the VoodooI2c site. I was able to install Mojave on mine (i5 version) but I had to install Mojave into an SSD via an external enclosure because even if I can boot into the installer it wouldn't complete (couldn't validate installer error). I followed all the instructions on the voodooI2C site and got to the point where I had to do trial and error on a GPIO point that works problem is after DSDT patching I would get a KP if I try installing the kext to L/E. I have given up for now.

I have given up on this for now and will wait for someone else to figure the trackpad out. It's a shame because it's the perfect macbook Apple doesn't make (awesome keyboard) but even if you don't mind using a wifi dongle not having trackpad support sucks.
Why the samsung nvme it's not compatible? I can swap with the crucial mx500 that i have on my gaming pc, but i have fear lo lose warranty. Maybe i wait also for a hero that do a guide step by step with working touchpad

EDIT: I've received my matebook 13 i7 version today(mine has only intel graphics), and i've ntoiced that my model have a Western Digital SSD nvme 500gb

Last edited:
Tried to install, without vodooi2c trackpad wont work in installation, with vodooi2c and vodoo i2celan, I get a panic and when I move cursor it says: Vodooi2cElantoupadDriver
: ELAN962C INVALID REPORT(1)

Please attach a troubleshooting archive made with gen_debug.sh, for analysis :)

Generally speaking, if you haven't installed macOS yet - every I2C trackpad should work. If it is indeed an I2C device, I assume it would work, probably after some ACPI patching.

You can find an ACPI path via Windows Device Manager, see an example screenshot here ('BIOS Device Name'):
Notice some machines might have different trackpads changed between hardware revisions/geographical areas. You can get the device name in Device Manager too.
I've already installed, can i get trackpad ACPI patch via max osx? the name is elan 962C

I've already installed, can i get trackpad ACPI patch via max osx? the name is elan 962C
Start with replacing VoodooI2CELAN with VoodooI2CHID.
If you need some help, attach a troubleshooting archive as I asked. We cannot guess what's wrong.

Start with replacing VoodooI2CELAN with VoodooI2CHID.
If you need some help, attach a troubleshooting archive as I asked. We cannot guess what's wrong.
I've tried also with vodooi2chid, the only difference is that with i2celan+i2c if I move mouse it gave me message for every movement, if I use i2chid+i2c it does nothing, but in both situation won't boot. It boot only if I put only vodooi2celan but nothing works. Report attached and screen of the errors with kext on clover folder

EDIT:
Fixed after couple hours trying patch dsdt using i2c + i2chid but it takes a lot to boot showing me this errors
Attached screenshot 2
ALL fixed, after putting i2c+ i2c hid trackpad worked good but it takes a lot of time to boot, this happened because a conflict between this two kext and vodoops2 old kext, with the latest version from rehab of vodoops2controller all works fine

@ben9923

Attachments

• MacBook Pro di Edoardo.ioreg
    3.7 MB · Views: 124
  • debug_22690.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 100
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 137
  • screenshot 2.jpg
    screenshot 2.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I've tried also with vodooi2chid, the only difference is that with i2celan+i2c if I move mouse it gave me message for every movement, if I use i2chid+i2c it does nothing, but in both situation won't boot. It boot only if I put only vodooi2celan but nothing works. Report attached and screen of the errors with kext on clover folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back