NVIDIA GTX 285
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi

When i want to install the El Captain using unibeast, there is no HDD in Disk Utility!
it only detect my usb.

any soloution?

Yes it does, i have a SATA Drive that my yosemite is on it. in First USB BOOT it show SATA drive as HFS icon(my Yosemite drive) and show USB as EXTERNAL icon. but when i boot from usb and want choose the driver to install, there is no HDD in DISK UTILITY, except my USB.

I'm sorry, to be clear:

Are you saying you run Disk Utility from the tools menu and it doesn't show your Yosemite drive?

Or are you saying you start the install and when you get to the screen of the install where you pick a location to install to, then it doesn't offer your Yosemite drive as an install location?

When i go to the screen of the install There is no HDD(Yosemite drive) to select as an install location, and also there is no HDD in Tools> Disk Utility too. it show only USB in Disk Utility and in install location section.

I had this problem in the past when i went install maverik and yosemite, but with inject KextBeast.Pkg into these OS my HDD showed, unfortunately this PKG dosen't work on EL Captain. so is there any similar PKG for EL Captain like KextBeast.Pkg?

No idea. Does the motherboard have multiple SATA controllers (e.g. both Intel and third-party)? If you use a different (Intel) SATA port on the motherboard does it work?

Wish I could help you out but I am having the same problem. The El Capitan installer only recognises the USB install drive and none of the internal HDs.

I am out of ideas.

Maybe Multi Beast 8 will solve the issue for us?

Anyone??

the installer will only see what is formatted correctly (i.e. GUID single partition or MBR single partition). try reformatting your sata drive from disk utility before you click install.

I experience the same problem as well. My internal HDD isn't shown in the disk utility during installation stage. Anyone can help? :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back