Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GD5T OC 6GB 384-Bit GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Have read through all of the guides and threads about installing El Capitan with UniBeast - but no matter what I do, I can't go to the install screen. Right now I am booting up with -v -x nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 and it is getting to the screen where it says"

mac-pro.local com.ape.xpc. launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.117 <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 255

I am not sure what kexts or changes is need to do to the config.plist so that i can even get to the installer screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 154902

I tried to use the config.plist from jbamford that has the specific fixes selected for X99 but still didn't work. only difference is that he has 3 signatures in the drop tables of the clover configure and i am not sure how to set those up (or if I even need to?)

I have tried it with and without the following .efi files:

/OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
/HFSPlus.efi

Still can't get to the installation screen.

You could try this test config.plist in your installer: Use a USB 2.0 port.

View attachment test-config.plist

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 9.08.02 PM.png

EDIT: IMO you'd be much better off with Yosemite.

View attachment 154912

View attachment 154913

Thanks so much!

I am going to try it out right now. I am correct in assuming that I would need to rename this file to only config.plist and then delete the other config.plist that was in my last installer drive?

My issue with Yosemite is that I could get it install only using Safe Mode - but couldn't get into the new drive unless i booted with my original boot flags (-v -x nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000).

I will give this file a try and let you know back. :beachball:

Any luck? I am having the same issue.

View attachment 154912

View attachment 154913

Hi kduvernay - i noticed that your screen shot has several .EFI files a few .kext files that my unibeast installer doesn't have. I have FSInject-64.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDvr-64.efi and VBoxHfs-64.efi.

You also have FSIinject-64.efi and OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi - but you don't have VBoxHfs-64.efi nor OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. Should I delete these two .EFI files and find HFSPlus.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi?

Also you only have the FakeSMC and VoodooTSCSync kext files. I have the standard AppleIntelE100e, AtherosE2200Ethernet, RealtekRTL8111 and FakeSMC kext files. Should I find the VoodooTSCSync kext file and delete the AppleIntel, Atheros and Realtek kext files?

Thanks so much for your help!
Adam

View attachment 154912

View attachment 154913

Didn't work. Can't get passed the initial begging boot.efi error:

"OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\COreServices\Boot.efi
Using relic block: yes, hibernate wake: no
OsxAptioFixDrv: AllocateRelocBlock(): can not allocate relocation block (0x16560 pages below 0x100000000): Not Found"

I am using the follow boot flags:

-v -x -f npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1

Any other suggestions anyone?

Or should I just focus all of my efforts on Yosemite instead?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Didn't work. Can't get passed the initial begging boot.efi error:

"OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\COreServices\Boot.efi
Using relic block: yes, hibernate wake: no
OsxAptioFixDrv: AllocateRelocBlock(): can not allocate relocation block (0x16560 pages below 0x100000000): Not Found"

I am using the follow boot flags:

-v -x -f npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1

Any other suggestions anyone?

Or should I just focus all of my efforts on Yosemite instead?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hi!! You will be better off with Yosemite! The Nvidia Web drivers doesn't work right now with El Capitan for the 980 ti. We need to wait for new drivers.

Hi!! You will be better off with Yosemite! The Nvidia Web drivers doesn't work right now with El Capitan for the 980 ti. We need to wait for new drivers.

Thanks Bengiefons!

How did you install Yosemite without using Safe Mode (i know this is the wrong forum -) but just wondering what settings you had in your clover config.plist to get it up and running.

i can only get it going with safe mode and not sure if my settings are wrong?

Thanks again.
Adam

Thanks Bengiefons!

How did you install Yosemite without using Safe Mode (i know this is the wrong forum -) but just wondering what settings you had in your clover config.plist to get it up and running.

i can only get it going with safe mode and not sure if my settings are wrong?

Thanks again.
Adam

Hi Adam,

Just follow this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjMXkB2wMWE

Attached are my clover configurator settings screenshots. Hope this helps! :headbang::headbang:

Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 9.07.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-09 at 9.07.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-09 at 9.07.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-09 at 9.06.55 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back