Contribute
Register

El capitan with multibeast wont boot (GA-H87N-WIFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabit << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i5 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My computer decided to not boot after a power failure. the system starts fine when i boot from USB and select the harddrive, but i just get the apple logo and then boot failure symbol ( https://support.apple.com/library/c...en_US/osx/mac-prohibit-symbol-screen-icon.png ). Verbose boot just reboots the computer and doesn't really give any info before that. It doesn't read from the harddrive, but just shows the boot failure symbol after a while during normal boot. I've tried reinstalling bootloader using latest multibeast, but either i'm missing some option or there's something screwed with my install. Any ideas?

I've only picked quick start uefi in multibeast as i don't need any of the other drivers (as far as i know. Never got audio to work in El Capitan so using usb sound card.) The motherboard is a GA-H87N-wifi with wifi card replaced with one that works in osx.

My computer decided to not boot after a power failure. the system starts fine when i boot from USB and select the harddrive, but i just get the apple logo and then boot failure symbol ( https://support.apple.com/library/c...en_US/osx/mac-prohibit-symbol-screen-icon.png ). Verbose boot just reboots the computer and doesn't really give any info before that. It doesn't read from the harddrive, but just shows the boot failure symbol after a while during normal boot. I've tried reinstalling bootloader using latest multibeast, but either i'm missing some option or there's something screwed with my install. Any ideas?

I've only picked quick start uefi in multibeast as i don't need any of the other drivers (as far as i know. Never got audio to work in El Capitan so using usb sound card.) The motherboard is a GA-H87N-wifi with wifi card replaced with one that works in osx.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

That is what Apple call the prohibitory symbol not the boot failure symbol.
Boot in verbose mode to give you a clue what is causing it.
Boot in verbose mode and take a picture to give us a clue what is happening.

No idea what i did, but now it kind of works, though there's a drive called internal that's popped up in clover. i first have to select that one, then it starts clover again and i can boot from the normal osx-disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back