Graphics
nVidia GTS 450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Can someone help me get El Capitan installed with this board? I see other Z170 boards listed here but not mine.

I followed that link.

For some reason I cannot get the USB port patch to keep more than the initial boot and install. Once it reboots again using the USB drive it's as if it won't load the patch at all, thus not detecting my USB drive and at the same time my SATA ports, so not able to boot from the hard drive.

My Z170 board does not have a way to disable IOAPIC in the BIOS. I'm hoping the patch for it will disable it but I am wondering if the fact that I can't disable it in BIOS is the reason that it's a crap shoot for the USB stick to even boot correctly?

No. Most boards do not have an option in BIOS. That's why there's the Clover patch.

For some reason I cannot get the USB port patch to keep more than the initial boot and install. Once it reboots again using the USB drive it's as if it won't load the patch at all, thus not detecting my USB drive and at the same time my SATA ports, so not able to boot from the hard drive.

Are you saying that you completed the install, and then you keep the USB install drive in the machine, and are unable to boot the installed OS?

If so, please try this:
  1. Boot with the USB install drive connected
  2. Use your BIOS hotkey to select a boot device
  3. Select UEFI:YourUSBDrive from the list
  4. At the Clover menu, navigate to "Boot Mac OS X from YourSystemDrive"
  5. Hit space bar and select verbose boot
  6. Post a photo of where it stops or just before it reboots, along with the config.plist from your USB install drive EFI partition (EFI/CLOVER/config.plist)

image.jpgimage.jpg

Sorry for the pics being sideways; uploading from my iPhone. Attached is my config.plist file. I redid my Unibeast setup and I am getting this error constantly now. Even before I would get this error 3 out of 4 times of booting up.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 224
I would change CsrActiveConfig to 0x3, and also try without all the DSDT Fixes (I'm not sure what most of those do, and I'm operating on the principle of "keep it simple" in that regard).

You can remove kext-dev-mode=1 and rootless=0 as those are both ignored.

If this is on your USB install drive, you should change nvda_drv=1 to nv_disable=1 because you couldn't have installed the Nvidia Web drivers before installing the OS.

Got it installed and consistently booting into Mac OS X. Thank you!!

How can I make it to where it boots off of the hard drive now?

Still having issues getting audio and ethernet working. Same for my graphics.

For graphics: you may need inject nvidia = true in config.plist because that's a fairly old card.

For the audio and Ethernet: have you looked up your motherboard specs to determine what model audio chip and Ethernet chip you have?

Once you have identified the audio and Ethernet chips, you can run MultiBeast to install Clover, the audio driver, and the Ethernet driver to the hard drive. Since MultiBeast is not Skylake-aware yet, though, you will still need to then manually copy over your config.plist and any other critical stuff from your USB EFI partition to your system drive EFI partition. Then you should be able to boot without the USB drive.

I have that set and have removed the nv_disable=1 in the config.plist and it boots into Mac OS X fine; the graphics are definitely slow though and don't take up the full screen.

If I set the config.plist to the other setting (nvda something), or remove the nv_disable outright, once it gets to where it would load the desktop all I get is a blank screen with my monitor light blinking. I've even tried installing the nVidia alternative drivers with the same result.

One thing that is bizarre is my motherboard keeps moving the time up 6 hours for some reason and I've noticed the USB stick refuses to boot correctly at all until I fix that in the BIOS. It's been doing this since I first set up this build.

My audio is Realtek 892. I've tried getting Multibeast to install that driver but no audio still. My ethernet is a Realtek as well, RTL8111H. I see several references to it during bootup but according to the Network system pref section it acts like the cable is either unplugged or something because it switches back and forth and finally gives me the 169 address.

These 3 things are the only things I have left to fix and my install will be great!! I really do appreciate your help with this.

The clock thing is weird. Could your board have a bad CMOS battery or something?

For the Ethernet, we've posted a Realtek kext that's newer than the one currently in MultiBeast, so you could try deleting the one MultiBeast installed and installing that one instead (either in your Clover kexts or with e.g. KextBeast).

For audio, do you see any sound output devices in System Configuration / Sound / Output ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back